[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: HJ9MzAO.jpg (250KB, 1078x956px) Image search: [Google]
HJ9MzAO.jpg
250KB, 1078x956px
Currently at a point in life where I realize I should do something more than just chug along at work and deposit into my 401k/savings.

I've been looking at getting into short term trading recently, as I'm young, but taking home a large salary from work, and can stand to lose some of my money to train a skill that makes significantly more money.

Futures looked like a good idea due to their volatility and leverage, mainly Oil futures is what I've dabbled in.

But I've also heard on many sites about the potential of options, but have never personally traded with those.

What is the best choice for someone who is young, financially stable, and wants to make money in risky markets due to said financial stability.

>I have 10k in savings.
>I put roughly 2k a month into savings also from job
>not afraid to lose 2k a month practicing, i consider it a tution fee.
>>
So you want to take the stability and sacrifice it? Is that what I'm reading here? I understand that you have the ability to withstand some losses, but in options (which work similarly to futures), the risk you are taking is total loss of your invested amount. Buy stable, dividend paying companies instead. Do that because the stability you have will give you time to compound those returns. There is a widespread belief that taking on more risk means greater reward opportunity, and that's simply not true.
>>
>>1368638
You can learn part time?
If so, I'm in.
>>
>>1368698
So if I'm understanding this correctly, trading long term with 10k will make as much as trading short term?

If that's true, I'll go down that path. But where should I start?
>>
>>1369706

Part of me is adventerous, thats the part that has a Robinhood where I pick stocks and play around. Part of me understands I'm a rookie and deposits cash into Betterment. Part of me also knows I just need rainy day money and has a zero yield digit account. The only problem now is my Robinhood is worth about 4x what my Betterment is worth.
>>
>>1368638
Hire someone to trade for you and give them a % commission from every gains.
You'll never be a trader. It's not your thing but you can get someone who is a good trader and benefit both of you together.
>>
>>1370499
Seems legit, ill humor the idea.

If you were in my place, where would you go to find these out-of-work traders ready to work for you?
>>
>>1370499
Why in hell would they trade for him for a percentage when they could do it themselves and keep it all?
They need access to his 10K?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.