[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGT GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: mgt-1000x641.jpg (46KB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
mgt-1000x641.jpg
46KB, 1000x641px
Alright guys, what are your predictions for this company?

With their recent hires and plans for a hydro based bitcoin mining operation, I think the price of their stock is due to rise.

I've managed to profit from their earlier spikes and sell before the dips that accompanied them.

I currently have about 500 shares, bought at 3.93, I should have woken up arlier and but them at 3.70.
>>
>>1357608
The company is more of a meme (John McAfee's bad boy inventor/millionaire image) than a real company. I think it's good for riding for short bumps but not for buy and hold.

Look up "CMGI" from the 90's dot-com boom. This is in the same category.
>>
>>1357629

He hired 4 very important people, one of them being the founder of Atari and Chuck E Cheese.

These people would not stake their reputation on it if it was a meme.
>>
Are there any articles or videos on the internal workings of the company?

Do they publish any information on their objectives?
>>
>>1357629
Considering that this company will have an income stream next month, when it is a 3 month old tech startup, I would consider it a good company
>>
>>1357702

Yes, just look at Google news, Mcafee's twitter, ect, ect.

He is supposed to come out with a proxy report the week of july 4th, and apparently, something big will happen in august.

He has set up two large Bitcoin mining farms in WA state and made use of cheaper hydro power to run them.

Their objectives are crypto currency security.
>>
File: 1467220865897.jpg (23KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1467220865897.jpg
23KB, 540x531px
>>1357708

Great, thanks.

I like MGT because they give me exposure to Bitcoin through my 401K as a qualified investment. Sure beats waiting for that Winkelvoss ETF.

You know any other companies traded publicly that directly or indirectly deal with Bitcoin?
>>
Cool buying at open its already made me like 2k
>>
Idiot here who took five shares of MGT because of McAfee's reputation and meme magic: cryptocurrency is not legal, right? Like, isn't it a violation of US law to use that?
>>
>>1357817

lolno.You can use actual rocks you picked up from the ground as currency if you and the other guy agree. You only hit legal trouble if you start claiming or it could be interpretedas you claiming, that the rocks are official US Dollars.
>>
Governments and banks are starting to look at cryptos seriously now even hiring crypto engineers. It will become big, it might not be bitcoin, but it is the future

There are 2-3 big catalysts in august - China's annual security meeting that JM was invited to (where he said he would talk about MGT's products) and DefCon (hackers convention; release of demonsaw 3.0).

They will begin to commercialize e-tagged, have the 2-10 petahash bitcoin mine running (I believe 8 mil a year?), and shareholders meeting.

It also looks like they're in talks with VC for funding now. They're team has co-founders of homeland security and military generals, so I'm hoping for some nice contracts in the future
>>
>>1357874
>>1358052

Thanks for the input! Gonna read up more on how this works since I'm not tech savvy
>>
So, all things considered: what would be the price of the stock if McAffee dosent fuck this up
>>
>>1358070
As long as he doesn't shoot his neighbor again it will be fine.
>>
>>1357742
GBTC
>>
>>1358303

Yeah, that won't work in a 401k.

Too sketchy.
>>
>>1358313
What's sketchy about that?
>>
>>1358321

It's not a SEC approved to fall under the category of "qualified investment".

It's a private fund basically, the price is manipulated as hell.
>>
>mgt getting into crypto

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
what will this be at open on tuesday? think i should buy in at open or will there be a dip throughout the day.
what if the proxy does not come out tuesday, dip?
>>
>>1356833
>Alright guys, what are your predictions for this company?

Revealed as scam after the higher ups bilk rubes who invested on the strength of their names.
>>
>>1358052
Exact dates and sources (literally ctrl c ctrl v)would make my job a lot easier.
>>
Mcafee has assembled a team powerful enough to hack and crash the entire global economy if anyone dares fuck with him.

You should probably buy this on.
>>
mcaffee is an absolute fucking madman
buy MGT
get rich
>>
>>1357635
>Atari
>Chuck E Cheese

Literally M E M E S
>>
>>1358372
I don't know exact dates but I think they were within a week from each other. DefCon august 9-11 then china conference is 15-17 or 19-21.

Mine will supposedly be operational on August 1st

He also said company will have several product lines within 6 months

I think roundhouse (acquisition they bought a 10% stake in) will be used as an incubator for crypto companies

If they can build an ecosystem for bitcoin, it would speed up the process of bitcoin taking over financial industry
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.