[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hording Copper Pennies: A Wise Long-term Investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: il_fullxfull.516439754_bllq.jpg (358KB, 1500x1026px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.516439754_bllq.jpg
358KB, 1500x1026px
I'm aware that the price of copper's gone down quite a bit in the last 5 years, but pre-1982 pennies (which are 95% copper) are still worth twice as much if melted. I'm also aware that destroying currency is illegal, but that doesn't stop me from selling to someone who is willing to do it. I'm thinking, the combination of continuous currency inflation and the limited supply of copper must mean that converting all my cash into rolls of old pennies would be a wise savings strategy. Right?
>>
coinfag here, the scrap price of copper is less than the face value of the money. if you melted all your pennies into a bar and tried to sell it to a recycling plant you would not make a profit and I doubt this will change in the future.
>>
File: 150.jpg (87KB, 737x600px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
87KB, 737x600px
>>
>>1350621
Fact: Copper, tin & aluminum will be more valuable than gold in silver sooner or later
>>
>>1351774
anon, it's not a fact it you pull some bullshit out off your ass or read it online on buzzfeed or whereever the fuck you got this one from
>>
You're not going to get enough pennies to make it meaningful.

Now long will it take to even get $20 in pre 1982 pennies?

Scrap metal has taken it in the ass over the last few years

My company used to scrap everything and now we just trash most things because it's not even worth paying an employee to load it and haul it to the scrap yard.
>>
>>1351779
I actually pulled it out of my cock.
>>
I think it's worth it especially if they double in value. Imagine owning 3-4k pennies. Once they double in value your fucking rich.
>>
>>1351783

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-000-Old-Circulated-95-COPPER-U-S-Pennies-Unsearched-Bulk-BULLION-Lot-/381613583837?hash=item58d9f12ddd:g:FlMAAMXQMmJRN1Yf
>>
>>1350621
>I'm also aware that destroying currency is illegal,
Tell that to the FED
>>
>>1351848
wowo amazing $80 you're RICH
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.