[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Stories from The Corporate Ladder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: burns.gif (23KB, 400x492px) Image search: [Google]
burns.gif
23KB, 400x492px
My buddy works at Walmart and was explaining to me how difficult it would be for him to go from stocker to regional manager and it was pricelessly humorous to me as he is a bitter & sick functioning alcoholic that was dishonorably discharged from American Military.

Do you have any examples of corporate lifestyle that are interesting?
>>
File: Not_Degenerate_Anime.jpg (26KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
Not_Degenerate_Anime.jpg
26KB, 640x606px
I see people stuck at the bottom for years upon years (McDonald's) hoping a middle manager finally asks them if they want to be a shift manager... aspirations am i right?

All the while they watch new people who haven't worked McDicks in their life pop right into the scene to be their new supervisor.

You HAVE to take the initiative if you want to do any sort of leadership. No one is going to come tapping on your shoulder to tell you it's finally your turn to make some sheckles. Unless you have some great talent that is in massive demand it's never going to happen.
>>
>>1347649
love this. i am someone who works to understand the way my company works.

people that "...hope something good happends..." to them are insane.
>>
>>1347649
however, with this post i am hoping to hear about some back stabing and tattle tales.
>>
>>1347675
nobody is stupid enough to greentext a real story considering how many stories circulate nowadays from business to business

there was a huge sentinel event at a hospital in my area; there are hipaa regulations to prevent word from spreading; people from 250 miles away were talking about it in less than a day
and when a doctor came out as gay, same thing; everybody fucking knew in a day
>>
>>1347675
Sorry man I can't say too much. Every big company has algorithms skimming the whole fucking net just looking for a rat.
>>
>>1347688
Kek
>>
i never said to blast your company's specifics, just looking to hear about shady bosses or people throwing others under the bus for their own advancement.
>>
>>1347672
Which is a lot of people. This is why most STEM grads never go beyond the worker level. They're content with the low level work. Even though that will get them replaced in their 30s. The goal in the real world is to become a boss regardless of your profession. Otherwise you'll get fucked in the long run.
>>1347649
This, you need to take the initiative and start bringing the money or play office politics. Never be the content worker who goes in for his eight hours and leaves. You have to show your boss why you'll be a leader. This happens to a lot of college grads. Even those who excel in school become the guy who get all the work while his coworker get the praise. There will always be someone smarter than you who can work harder and less than what you make. So don't become Harold.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.