[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the halvening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

bitcoin halves on July 11th, what type of prices can we expect just before and just after. should i wait till after it halves to buy?
>>
I'm personally thinking $800 for the price

Reason being it was~400 before the bull run leading up to the halving started.

So, buy before then.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>1345083

There will be a few noteworthy plunges after the halving, when scores of investors sell off their bitcoins post-halving, hoping to cash in on what you speak.
>>
>>1344672
>>1345083
Considering the reduction in supply alone should theoretically raise the price like he said, I agree that buying in now will return ~ 20% by September or November.

When you combine this with the relationship bitcoin has with the yuan at a time when it is bring incrementally devalued, and bitcoins relatively gains as an alternative to gold in times of uncertainty (Brexit, Trump, etc) I think that $800 is a safe expectation, especially since it would only be slightly above the previous peak days ago. I think that if Trump manages to recover and establish some form of lead over Clinton, it will be a notable boon for Bitcoin (and bane for the markets at large) as it would add to the uncertainty.
>>
I have not yet invested in Bitcoin but looking to expand my portfolio. Considering recent events and the presidential election in the US is it worth I feel like Bitcoin will be a decent short term investment. But how is Bitcoin gonna do in the long run? Would it be wise to go in now?
>>
>>1345181
It is only a reduction in increase of supply, not reduction of supply. And this reduction is small anyways
>>
>>1345286
I suppose technical phrasing would be production, or something like that rather than supply, but I think that considering current factors the outlook is favorable for the next 4-6 months. After that, who knows. Bitcoin is transitioning as it slowly gains more legitimacy and blockchain technology's proliferation raises investor familiarity. All positive things aside, it does make me nervous how volatile market response is when an exchange has a minor outage, as happened last week. That makes the market even more vulnerable to volatility considering how many exchanges are trading bitcoin.
>>
>>1345304
>inb4 Mt.Gox, etc
>>
>>1345304
Unless the increase in transactions causes the blockchain to get backed up. However exchanges are off-chain so I don't think this will happen because of halvening, unless lots of people sell on local bitcoin or transfer out of cold storage to sell or something
>>
last halving was nov 2012 and the price went up in the following six months. BUY BUY BUY
>>
It won't go up. This is what everyone is thinking, so the smart whales will just mass dump their coins for a hefty profit.

Then the inevitable crash will happen because bitcoin is shit and there are hundreds of alternatives available that people can integrate.
>>
>>1345304
Can the Bitcoin mining industry survive? It seems like it's death is nearing, I mean difficulty is increasing and with the halvening they will get even less Bitcoins.
>>
>>1344672
Halving is already priced in, stupid. Learn about market efficiency.
>>
>>1345259
>I feel like Bitcoin will be a decent short term investment. But how is Bitcoin gonna do in the long run? Would it be wise to go in now?
IMO Bitcoin is only ever a very risky short term investment. However in the period of a few years, I'm very bullish. The space is growing and Bitcoin is far and away the leader.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.