[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Brexit Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: exit.jpg (230KB, 869x1248px) Image search: [Google]
exit.jpg
230KB, 869x1248px
Lets not shit up this board with multiples.
Keep /pol/ in /pol/
If you mention immigrants you need numbers, rates and currencies attached.

Making money
Losing Money
Forex
Equities
Spec plays

Epic Wins
Spectacular Fails
>>
Import/Export guy here. This has fucked my shit all the hell up.
>>
/biz/ was right on Friday. I bought TVIX and made 5% profit that day. Now I'm waiting for the Monday open of my local markets, they were closed on Friday due to a banking holiday, so there will be lots of carnage -> lots of cheap stocks for me.
>>
>>1339476
I can imagine it would fuck you up pretty directly, but service industries like yours are the slowest to grow and the first to burn during economic unrest.
Enough to close up shop and go on hiatus or bad enough that you'll have to let people and projects go and shrink the biz a little?
>>
>>1339507
I've got some long vix options on. I hope it goes up.
>>
>>1339521

I normally export stuff from the US to Europe/Britain, and then take the money from that and use it to export from Europe/Britain to the US. I did not previously have to do anything shady to make a tidy profit. Now I'm considering doing a bunch of unethical but technically legal shit to get back to my previous margins if this keeps up.
>>
Futures way way down.

I'm loving it.

Thank you bongs
>>
Uk hasnt started activating article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, its gonna happen and Im guessing its gonna take a while before it happens. Its gonna be a long year and a bumpy ride
>>
How do I take advantage of this?
>>
>>1339468

>tfw long gold

Up 17.5% or so since the vote.
>>
>bought gold right before Brexit
Feels good.
>>
File: 14590177779920.gif (2MB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
14590177779920.gif
2MB, 480x481px
>>1339476
Outsourcing services to Brexit guy here. Just fuck my shit up and cut the profit margin by 30-40% (they pay me in GBP and it rolls into EUR account).

If this shit keeps plumeting till 1.15 GBP/EUR through all of July I will have to open GBP account and just sit on this potato money and wait for a better exchange.
>>
I picked a hell of a time to get into stocks. Everything is down. I don't know why I thought it would get better this week.
>>
>>1341362
As far as I'm concerned, postponing the triggering of Article 50 has no real advantages past the coming hysterical week(s). EU has said it will not engage in informal talks.

Stocks are relatively high still, because a lot of investors think nobody has the balls to trigger it right now (Johnson backpedalling, Cameron pussing out, Scotland trying to block it, second EU referendum not unlikely to happen)

That, and Bank of England buying blue chip stocks to maintain stability (although the lower pound also has a hand in that)
>>
>>1341489
If Brexit doesnt trigger tomorrow then it never triggers. EU will consider it "null and void"
>>
>>1341499
France and Germany said it's up to Britain when to trigger it. EU also found out it's not possible to force Britain to trigger 50, which is why their current strategy is to not engage in informal talks right now.

You do have a point though, politically it's very hard to have legitimacy to your claim if they postpone it indefinitely , which is why for example Labour is calling for it to trigger tomorrow.
>>
oh man that volatility so good right now.
>>
>>1341550
what are you in on
>>
File: Capture.png (87KB, 1323x726px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
87KB, 1323x726px
just put on barclays, and another spread in X
>>
>>1341570
I'm limited to the smaller stuff though. I'd prefer to be in the indices and liquid etfs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.