[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you get fired from one job for quitting another??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /biz/,
So up until yesterday, I had two jobs. The second job is much more enjoyable, pays slightly better, and has much better management. The boss of my second job used to work for the boss of my first job. There are a couple people just like myself that work(ed) at both places. This, for obvious reasons, makes things awkward considering the boss of the second job used her connections of the first job to get workers to come work for her.

Last night, due to scheduling difficulties and frustration in general with management, I put in my two weeks notice at the first job. There is now a rumor going around (spread by a dumbass from job 2) that if you quit from job 1, you will be fired from job 2.

I doubt the validity of this rumor, but what I'm wondering is, can they do this? Is there anything law or something that could protect me from being fired from job 2? I looked online but really couldn't find much. I'm in Ohio if that means anything. Thanks in advance /biz/!
>>
Start looking
>>
>>1331539

Lol ask your boss.

It's called communication son.

Besides why would boss #2 give a single fuck if you quit your other job?
>>
>>1331600
Boss 2 worked for Boss 1 and were friends. They say that they still are but I think there's a lot of contention. I think Boss 2 wants people to still work for Boss 1 so it doesn't look like she stole workers and so that she doesn't feel bad.
>>
>>1331539
>>1331608
Why not just simply be true about it? Just say you you need more time for yourself, or any other kind of shit, and I'm sure it will be understandable.
It's not like this was a deal with the devil, you will fucking keep the second job and nothing bad will happen stop getting so stressed.
>>
>>1331622
Okay thank you anon that is what I wanted to hear. It isnt that I'm stressed I'm just a little worried.
>>
>>1331608

Well that's their problem.

Don't worry about anon.

If you get fired then you don't want to work for idiots anyway.

I worked for a company and then started my own. I have no problem "stealing" employees, my previous boss can go fuck himself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.