[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Franchises Suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: franchisee.png (176KB, 522x348px) Image search: [Google]
franchisee.png
176KB, 522x348px
I'm very against the Franchise model of business growth. Especially these days, I think that young people are pissed that they work at a store (ex: McDonalds, but could be almost any retail job) that they display the symbol on their shirt, but don't get paid by or any support from. Owners get sold "be your own boss!" but get overworked and lack any real control of operation. Everyone loses except the Franchisor who rakes in huge profits.

What should we do about the cancer of Franchise growth in America?
>>
I have to assume you're a neet in training.

Wearing a uniform at work shows the customer who the employees are, and creates a standard level of appearance.

If you don't want to wear the shirt, stop taking their money.

And for your solution... spend $4 million to buy your own McDonalds store, then pay your people $30 per hour (for the 1 year you're still in business)
>>
>>1331400
try r9k
>>
>>1331407
I work at a Starbucks (a Franchise) where I've been for a year. Unlike other fast food places, most Starbucks are corporatly run (I think about 75%) and they are extremely picky about who they francise to, only to large well established companies. This is very beneficial by providing a good foundation for employees. I get benefits and a decent wage.

Compare this to Subway, where every single store is a franchise and the service is shit and turnover rates are high. The difference is night and day.
>>
>>1331407
or set up a business collectively where you and other workers own the business. All the employees will then also be the business owners allowing them to have an actual stake in their work.
>>
>>1331440
>do the work to setup a business
>spend the money on a business
>share the profits equally to everyone including the dumb tattooed trash new employees because you're a /communist/

nice
>>
>>1331433
Subway is a screwed up system. As a franchisee you need to own at least 5 stores before you earn enough to make a living.

>>1331440
A fast food collective wouldn't work because the average employee doesn't have the expertise to make the right decisions.

There have been a few cases I've seen where it works (like machine shops), but when the "owners" realize they're responsible for coughing up more money to pay debts, they prefer to remain wage slaves.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.