[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: amway.png (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
amway.png
4KB, 275x183px
I just got invited to a seminar by my friend and the speaker who worked at Amway went on and on about how he makes triple figures a year by not doing anything. I am 99% sure it's a pyramid scheme but anyone else have experience with this company?
>>
It's a pyramid scheme, you should cut contact with that 'friend'
>>
>friend
>>
>>1327625
>>1327630
he's actually a cool guy but I don't think he knows what he's getting into.
>>
>>1327636
>but I don't think he knows what he's getting into

That's how they get you. They prey on the desperate and broke with promises of easy money for little work. Truth is, Amway is a legitimate and highly rated company. Problem is, actually selling the product typically requires a fuck-ton of work. Unless you have a lot of wealthy friends who are indiscriminate about what they buy. For most people, however, it just isn't worth the work and their are easier, and more profitable, money-making venues out there.
>>
>>1327619

Dirty Scam.
Honestly, just go to the seminar and start punching the guys announcing it in the face. they won't go to the cops because no one respects them.
>>
you mean Scamway? I remember two of my idiot friends nearly got conned into this but thankfully realized they were retards.
>>
>>1327619

Basically, with Amway (or any other MLM with real products attached) you're getting into retail sales. Your upline gets a cut of your sales (adding a cost markup). So, what you want to do is calculate how big a downline the scammer on stage needs to have to make his triple figure income.

Then realize that everyone in the scammer's downline is selling the exact same products your friend will be selling, in the exact same market.

MLM is GREAT at saturating the market with salespeople for a product, but it's terrible at providing them with an actual income.

(I vaguely recall reading a claim that the average net income for MLM participants was triple figures: USD $120/year. That's six twenties. No thousands. You should check the sauce yourself though because I really don't remember.)
>>
There scheme is selling motivational tapes to the downline. Not much real products get sold.
>>
>>1327619
OP don't do it, it's a huge scam.

I got conned into attending one of these seminars by an associate who learned that I was interested in starting a business.

Protip: if anyone constantly refers to their venture as "the business," do a 360 and walk away.
>>
>>1327619
Australia has pop song about amway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoODPQ4CTM
>>
Amway is the Scientology of the business world.
>>
>>1327697
Basically this.
Except they could claim the average is a 'five figure sum' - $120.00

Proper companies with proper sales teams divide a sales territory into individual areas, so, for instance, in New York, they may have a thousand sales staff, so there are enough prospects to go around.
Whereas Amway, etc MLMs do not, there is no limit, there could be a million in New York and they will just let more people join - 2 mil, 3 mil, etc.
= saturation.
They don't care if sellers have too much competition, there is no barrier to entry.

Just look up Bill Ackman's great speech, or the free PDF - 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' - about Herbalife.

He really breaks down the numbers, the culture, the flaws, the economics, everything. He invites them to sue him if he is wrong.
And Herbalife simply issued a couple of weak rebuttals which don't even address 80% of what Bill alleges.

It's good to read / listen to, because you can apply it to anything that sounds like a pyramid scheme or is an MLM, and see if there are similar patterns.
>>
>>1327669
*there
>>
>>1327669
>For most people, however, it just isn't worth the work and their are easier, and more profitable, money-making venues out there.
Like? I know I'm asking to be spoonfeed but the chances to get a job here (and add that you still studying) are low.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.