[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we short the government bond bubble?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How can we short the government bond bubble?
>>
>>1327418

DTYS

but there's a reason why shorting treasuries is a losing trade unless you are using the proceeds to fund something else.
>>
how about by buying call options in the dow jones index etf DIA? the money that comes out of the bond market has to flow somewhere. why not to the american stock market? s&p 500 is too risky, and europe might collapse. so i, anon, am saying buy call options on DIA!
>>
would the bubble burst affect currency prices or faith in the american economy? maybe you could short an index like some rich guys did with the s&p in the 2008 crash. >>1327595
>>
America won't defualt on debt anytime soon.

Upcoming oil and texh paradigm shifts, like china stealing everything, could hurt it in the future, but not deal a killing blow.
>>
>>1327595
>europe might collapse
kek what a retarded idea, you think if brits exit it will not be them that get fucked?
>>
>>1328156

The fuckery is coming from the retarded immigration policy pressing on the country budgets u fucknut. Western-europe countries healthcare is being fucking plundered atm, go look at a random hospital in one of the big cities in Denmark, Holland, Germany or Belgium. The waiting room is full of kebab who get all the shit for free, won't ever pay in a dime, come with diseases that are no longer common under natives (more expensive drugs), etc.

And that's not even counting the costs for internal relocation, free housing, welfare that's exploding.

And they keep coming. The economy can't keep up. So it's either tax up (bad for stagnating economy) or the shit blows up.

I'm not saying Europe will collapse, but it will 100% see a few dark years
>>
>>1328165
>holland
nigga wtf are you talking about, refugees aren't allowed to go outside their home. they are being send back i think
>>
File: 1451694828844.png (313KB, 746x415px) Image search: [Google]
1451694828844.png
313KB, 746x415px
>>1327418
hope you're talking about Japan, there's no bigger bond bubble atm and even then... The market stay longer irrational than you solvent
>>
>>1328172
Dutch minister of Housing (Blok) just ordered the construction of 250,000 new social housing units. Education minister wants all refugee children to learn dutch on day one of arrival (for free). All refugees get free healthcare due to treaties. It's the same in virtually other Western Euro country.

You literally think these people will leave? You think they will just go without exhausting their 5-year asylum procedure track legal proceerdings (can go all the way up to the European high court). You think shitty leftists will not just issue a general pardon 'to help the desolate'?

We're fucked.
>>
>>1328172
There is so much kabab in this country that there are large kebab only areas, walking there is like being a spare rib at an isis ramadan dinner.
>>
>terrorists win
>> better make out quick with ur neetbux
>>
>>1328156
>>1327418
no i think that Britain and europe are both fucked no matter how the brexit vote turns out. anyway, it looks like brexit is not going to happen but we'll see i guess. i was hoping it would because i gambled against GBPUSD. assumimg brexit doesnt happen, maybe USD will still go up vs GBP because now people will think that the fed is more likely to raise rates in the near future if brexit doesnt happen.

on monday i bought put options on FXB (July 15 expiry, 140 strike) at $2.40 and it is now up to $3.00)

do any of you smartguys follow martin armstrong? he too says that there is a govt bond bubble, and also that the DIJA will hit new highs at some uncertain time in the relatively near future. i also have call options on the dow jones as i mentioned earlier and am wondering if i should sell while i'm ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orxAVUjGZSk

i'm just curious to see what people on here think of Marty. is he a quack? he seems like a pretty cool guy to me. he created a magic computer that predicts the future and was jailed for years because he wouldn't hand over the computah to the us govt.

his website, updated daily with new articles https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/

sorry if this post is too tlnr, but i really hope that you folks will give serious consideration to joining me in making these the cool new memetrades:
1. shorting foreign currencies by buying put options on GBPetc. to USD ETFs
2. buying call options on dow jones etf 'DIA'
>>
>>1329355
>Martin Armstrong

Mah nigga, I read his website everyday and don't think he a scammer, he writes tons of shit about history and had PDF's you can download going back to the 90's. Also it's basically confirmed he handled billions of dollars and associated with people like Margaret Thatcher, I doubt some two bit scam artist would be capable of that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.