[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I set myself up as a self employed builder (stonemason)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: bob_0.png (455KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
bob_0.png
455KB, 640x430px
How should I set myself up as a self employed builder (stonemason)?
>>
Addendum:

I have absolutely minimal experience in stone masonry and I can assure you that any job I would do would be done by a complete novice
>>
>>1326717
>>1326727
Why are you trying to find work as a stonemason without any actual ability in the field?
>>
>>1326762
this, work for someone, apprenticeship or w/e, get some experience and then go for self employed, otherwise you will have no market and will deliver poor jobs, fucking yourself in the customers view
>>
>>1326780

Well basically, there's a variety of basic jobs in the field of stone masonry which I am proficient, and could do a good job. I'd only take these jobs. So my question is still the same.
>>
>>1327060
Yeah but If you're not qualified and can only do basic shit then you won't be able to charge the kind of prices a qualified stonemason would charge.

You would probably only earn the same as a basic labourer with your limited knowledge. Which where I live is very little. You'd earn more flipping burgers.
>>
>>1328537

And where I live there's no such thing as a 'qualified' stonemason. And with my Basic knowledge I can do the kind of jobs a lot of Stonemasons are doing, not advanced stonemasonry. But basic stuff which people are being paid A LOT to do.
>>
>>1328632
>where I live there's no such thing as a 'qualified' stonemason.

I don't believe you.
>>
File: bathroom 2.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bathroom 2.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>1326717

(A) work for someone for a year, learn everything you possibly can. Learn where they get their stuff, how much they pay for stuff, all the tools they need, and what they charge customers

(B) Once you feel pretty good, quit.

(C) Go online and form an LLC (takes 20 min)

(D) Go by a bank and open up a business bank account

(E) Print up some business cards and flyers

(F) Pay a guy $500 - $1,000 to make you a facebook page, just a simple work page, info, before and afters, FAQ, contact

(G) Set up a Google business profile (takes 1 hour)

(H) Buy all the supplies you'll need for your job

Now you are ready to go. Talk to neighbors, put out flyers, post ads on social media, go door to door if you have to. Seek out referrals from people in related industries that can refer you business, For example in mine I work hand in hand with guys that install stone countertops, they refer me, and I refer them.

Good luck buddy. Opening your own business is the best, you'll never go back to being someone's bitch.
>>
>>1328898

EDIT. I meant to say pay someone to make you a website, then make your own company Facebook page. It's good to link the two.
>>
>>1328903
>>1328898

Thanks for a proper post. Already been working for this mason for a year and I'll tell you the job is fucking simple. Hit things with hammers and slap things with mortar.
>>
>>1328898

So your business is in tiling? Just a question, because desu what I intend to do and tiling are two very similar actions; essentially I'd be looking at doing the boring, monotonous and very common job of removing and repointing; houses and walls. The work is simple, but it still falls under the remit of a 'stonemason' and furthermore, many stonemasons actively try to avoid this work when they can because it's boring and dirty as fuck.

And essentially I wonder how do you get your work? What's your main source of clients?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.