[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The stock market is often volatile. What would you do if your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (301KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301KB, 2000x1334px
The stock market is often volatile.

What would you do if your entire portfolio took a 10% loss?

Sell all? Sell some? Buy a little? Buy a lot? Just hold?
>>
>>1324852
My stop loss wouldn't allow such a huge loss for the ones i protected such, while I would hold the ones which I did not use such an order due to them beign thrustworthy and capable of swinging back up, i.e coca cola taking a hit
>>
>>1324863
Also would use the money from the stop loss to buy stocks that, after my analisys are below their real worth and give no signs of falling again, or/and wait a little more to buy the ones that keep falling to buy them in the low and watch them swing back up
>>
I just put 2k into ETFs every payday so i dont have to worry about this shit
>>
>>1324852

If my Index went down 10%, I'd hold, I don't rely on it to survive, why wouldn't I hold?
>>
>>1324852
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>1325205
Because you can sell it and buy it back later for less. Learn some basic finance.
>>
>>1324852
>What would you do if your entire portfolio took a 10% loss?

I would not do anything.

I'm in this long-term, when i get closer to like 40 years old I'll start worrying about volatility. Right now I'm 90% in s&p
>>
>>1325358
Jesus Christ. Stop talking.
>>
>>1325369
Selling means you take a capital loss on the investment whereas the loss was soft before you unwinded your position. Just stick it out and hedge your portfolio to against whatever is calling such volatility within the market. Although keep in mind that systematic risk cannot be diversified away.
>>
>>1325379
I know, that's why I told the guy who said "hurr just liquidate and buy lower," to be quiet. Not only for the reasons you just said, but you could easily be wrong and then if you buy back in higher, you have compound your loss. Just wait it out if you're going long-term. That's what long-term means.
>>
>>1325393
>Just wait it out if you're going long-term
maybe he's not going long term?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.