[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biology Major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
What can I do with a bachelor's of science in biology? My long term goal is to become a cardiologist.
>>
>>1322130

Jump around temp agencies for low pay and no benefits.

You're better off going another 1 in some med technology field so you can actually get a steady job with decent pay.
>>
>>1322142

another 1 year*
>>
Officially, the "M" in STEM stands for mathematics, but the reality is that it stands for "medical" now, and that's what biology is.

Biology has become synonymous with premed now.If you don't plan to go to medical school, then don't major in biology.

There's virtually nothing you can do with just a bs in biology now.
>>
>>1322130
I think you can get discounted kneepads at the john hopkins bookstore.
>>
Nothing. Biology is a shit tier degree. Better pray you're one of the lucky ones that gets in.
>>
>>1322152
This is outright false.

There is a huge growing need for people to assess and map out land using GIS software and fundamentals of biology.
>>
>>1322170

Show me some monster listings for those jobs
>>
>>1322152
I mean what I can do while in medical school for money; besides doing minimum wage? I don't have my degree yet, but I'm going to UNR in 3 months.
>>
And what do you guys think about starting my own hospital after say maybe 10 or 20 years of being a cardiologist?
>>
>>1322170
Isn't that really a Archeology thing? They actually have the GIS/Mapping class and also teach about lots of exotic things like laser scanning of berms/hills.

Also you can take Biological Anthropology and learn the bio science stuffs along with GIS.
>>
>>1322130
get into med school
>>
>>1322257
Do you know anything about Management and Grants or the laws. Imagine you the lone cardiologist must pay for a small wing of say 20 cardiologists.

You'll need tremendous amounts of capital.
>>
>>1322130
Listen here fuckface. You don't want to be a cardiologist, you don't want to be a surgeon, you don't want to be a faggot, you want to get into med school. This should be your only goal for th next four years. Grind hard because there are thousands of Asians that are spending countless nights in the library to put in work. Grades=MCAT>extracurricular.
>>
>>1322142
This. If you still have time, then jump into a clinical lab science program.

Source: Got my bio degree three years ago.
>>
>>1322130
I can tell you are fucked already. If you arent at a level where you are easily getting into multiple medical schools, you arent going to get into a cardiology residency.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.