[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does a first time home buyer need to know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1461444335230.png (223KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
1461444335230.png
223KB, 500x468px
What does a first time home buyer need to know?
>>
>>1321690

That the entire process is full of middle men and bullshit
>>
>>1321690
/thread
>>
>>1321690
>What does a first time home buyer need to know?

To never buy a house in any first world nation
>>
>>1321694

How much do I need for a down payment+bullshit fees?
>>
>>1321889
Get an FHA loan first off, lower down payment and mortgage. Usually 10~20% is required for DP, and maybe 1-3k for fees.
>>
>>1321889

Downpayment will depend on the lender.

Some of the fee you can expect are title fees, inspection fees, realtor fees, closing fees, appraisal fees, deed/survey fees.
>>
>>1322100
But the extra PMI though.
>>
>>1321690
Check it for issues from top to bottom, beyond what the home inspector does.
The previous owners (if there were any) will have every reason to hide that shit from you.
>>
buy from an italian family, because italians take good care of their homes
>>
>when banks want you to put up 50% for a mortgage
>>
do a lot of shopping for a competent, cheap mortgage lender. there is an enormous difference in bullshit fees and charges from different lenders.

collect all of the documentation you need for a mortgage - pay stubs, bank records, tax records, W-2s, etc.

a half decent realtor will be honest and warn you to stay away from certain houses.

do lots of homework on the neighborhood to understand what kind of place you are buying into - don't rely on crime maps, look at the actual crime reports. visit the area at night (esp friday/saturday if there's any bars in the area).

the garage door's tracks should be cleaned periodically - you can use a standard degreasing solution to do it. the garage door gets really fucking loud if you don't clean them.

spend a lot of time writing down questions about the house when you are looking at it - the inspector or owner should be able to answer it. i've lived in my house for almost 2 years and there's a mystery switch in the kitchen i can't figure out.

and change the locks after you move in.
>>
File: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg (42KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
42KB, 600x669px
>>1322505
>mystery switch

Is it an old house, previously occupied by Italians?

I had one in my bedroom growing up as a kid. It wasn't a switch but an outlet. It never worked and was in a strange spot sort of behind where the door opens.

I tried fixing it when I was 17 and took a screw driver to take the face plate off.

>mfw it's a false outlet
>mfw there's a little plastic bucket attached to it that pulls out of the wall
>mfw I learn my great grandfather was a low-level bookie mobsterfag
>mfw he used to hide money and gambling slips in that shit
>mfw there's no money in there
>>
>>1321749
What kind of bullshit answer is that
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.