[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The DAO is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: LaughingGirls DG.jpg (117KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingGirls DG.jpg
117KB, 673x680px
http://www.coindesk.com/the-dao-is-closing-down/
>Following at attack earlier today that resulted in the siphoning of over $60m worth of ether from The DAO into a new DAO set up by an unknown individual or entity, the company that wrote the original code is now saying the "experiment" is over.
>Tual said:
>"The DAO is definitely going to close. The money moved to a child DAO is going to be put back into the contract, and it [will] only have one function, withdraw."
>Further, it could be as long as 27 days before investors are returned any funds

It's over.
C'est fini
E finita
Est is aus
Se acabó
Bitti
終わりました
结束了
>>
How much will be paid for each DAO?
>>
Eth is dead too
>>
>>1318619
I think you get back whatever you put into it
>>
if this happens, then they'll just give Eth back into your wallet, right? so i guess i'll have some Eth to hold instead of holding DAO. too bad i got in at 120-150=1, i would imagine it won't be returned at the same ratio, but instead 100=1.

win some, lose some.
>>
>>1318632
yeah, but too bad ETH also took a huge fall
>>
>>1318632
>lose some
indeed
i'm still a virgin tho cause never touched eth, yet to lose any game
>>
>>1318632
I think so, but think about it this way
100 DAO tokens cost .0098 BTC
1 ETH costs .016 BTC
I wonder if I can just buy DAO tokens and "burn" them at that rate so I can make mad money
>>
>>1318601
Fantastic. Will /biz/ start talking about how to actually make money instead of get rich quick schemes now?
>>
>>1318639
>>1318631
shit, nevermind. You get a percentage of what the DAO is worth back, which should be everything that was put into it (so about 1.05 ETH give or take), due to the fact that the stolen money can't be moved yet (at least I don't think it can)
>>
>>1318631
No way, ETH is already down, I took back whatever was there in my wallet and sold it on poloniex, even if you get back, the ETH price should be the same to cover your losses. By the time split happens, ETH will be in few cents. Say goodbye to ETH already.
>>
>>1318648
Buy DAO
Burn the DAO into Ethereum at about 2/3 of the price of Ethereum
see >>1318639
>>
>>1318650
I meant ETH/DAO, not BTC/DAO or USD/DAO
>>
>>1318652
is there somewhere i can read about how to burn DAO?
>>
>>1318601
>The money moved to a child DAO is going to be put back into the contract, and it [will] only have one function, withdraw."
if they can do this then rip dao truly
maybe this will be a wakeup call for the faggots that live in pipe dreams
>>
>>1318657
https://github.com/slockit/DAO/wiki/How-to-split-the-DAO
i'm loading up on DAO because of this
>>
>>1318662
I was thinking this myself, seems like an easy way to double your money very quickly. I saw dao as low as 5¢. If I can burn at 10¢, I'm walking on sunshine .
>>
>>1318662
Great idea, made public a potential exploit so the intended targets can view and protect themselves. I love these altruism acts.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.