[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Moneys.jpg (988KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
Moneys.jpg
988KB, 1180x842px
Is this the biggest scam for Millenials right now? It sickens me to know how much I will have paid into it by the time I retire and not receive a dime back.
>>
>>>/pol/catalog
>>
>>1318235

Stfu.

I'm interested.
>>
Do you seriously believe Social Security will not be in place when you reach retirement age?

>life expectancy at an all time high
>old people have better voter turnouts
>implying the growing number of old people aren't going to protect their income
>>
It will be mostly insolvent by the time the millennials reach retirement.

SS already has a negative ROI, but I see the payments being decreased or remaining the same as they are now, so they won't keep up with inflation by a wide margin.

I also see the age requirements being increased to 70 or above.

You may see a push for an opt out at some point, when it gets so bad that everyone realizes they're getting negative ~30% ROI on the money they paid in
>>
Also government pensions. I'm not entitled to one so I don't give a fuck, but something will give eventually.
>>
>>1318226

It was a scam right from the start:

The government: "Let us hold on to some of your money, we'll take care of it, invest it, then fund your retirement later"

What a joke.

The correct idea would have been to make it mandatory for all citizens to invest 5% of their income into a stock or fund of their choosing, that money is locked into the fund and can't be accessed until age 60. In the event of death the fund is passed on to next of kin, or whoever specified by will, and the age limit continues.

But no they didn't do that. Why? Because the government had a sneaky way to get more tax dollars.
>>
>>1318226
I think it is. Think about how you could grow that money over the next 40 years. Instead we let the the government manage our savings because some of us are to stupid to plan ahead. It's one of the biggest jokes, thats for sure

Also why don't women pay more if they have longer life expectancies?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.