[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become an accountant with no experience or education?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: no.jpg (16KB, 403x369px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
16KB, 403x369px
How do I become an accountant with no experience or education?
>>
It REALLY depends from which country you are from. In some (USA) you can get a Bachelor if you want, and then sit the exam; in others (mainly EU countries) you NEED the Bachelor+Master and then a state exam...it might be very lucrative in the long term, but it ain't gonna make you rich any time soon.
>>
>>1316373
I've heard of accounting jobs that don't require a bachelor's. I have no problem making $10-12 starting out.
>>
>>1316378
In which country are you? I might be able to give you some info (thought about becoming an accountant too some time ago) knowing which country interests you - note tho that my info are mainly related to Italy/Eu countries (Itafag here).
>>
You don't.

Most countries require formal qualifications under law after what happened in the 80s/90s/early 2000s and dodgy accounting practices (Enron etc)

You can do basic stuff like book keeping, but unless you're from a third world country you legally can't practice as an accountant.
>>
>>1316415
USA
>>
>>1316443
Got some buddies over there, and sorry to disappoint you but you will need to go through the bs of getting a degree unless you want to do only entry-level book keeping stuff as >>1316428 said.

Just a thing I remember from talking with my buddy: each state has different requirements for CPA and other good qualifications - if I were you, I'd check in which state it is easier to become an accountant (requirements etc) and just move
>>
File: 1466124268097.jpg (30KB, 480x477px)
1466124268097.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
>>1316358
get a shitty accounting assistant job for $12-$15 an hour, go to night school for a 150 semester hour degree in business or accounting. Then study for the CPA. Then use the connections you made as an office bitch to move into a real accounting position.

It's gonna be a long road, good luck.
>>
>>1316428
>>1316459
>>1316468
Thanks for the info. Just wondering now how I actually get the crappy bookkeeping job in the first place.
>>
>>1316486
You don't
You go get your bachelors and in the summer you do vac internships at any of the big 4 and you hope it leads to a grad role
>>
>>1316486

You may be viable for an A/P or A/R spot with an Associate's. You'll probably want to suck it up and work retail until then... really ham up the "cash handling" experience and keep your eyes open for the "office bitch" spots.

You're not going to stumble into a full-charge bookkeeper position as those usually go to fat old ladies with 15 years of experience.
>>
>>1316494
>>1316486

If you are telling him to get in one of the big 4 - unless one actually has already got a good GPA out of high school, gets accepted at a renowned (and good) accounting program (which has to be finished with a very good average GPA), and constantly kisses ass during internships, forget it.

And for what? A 60+ hours/week work that does not pay nearly enough for the effort you gotta put into it for years?

On the other hand, if OP does some internship in one of said companies (without the goal to work there), you might land a semi-decent job straight out university before continuing for the CPA
>>
>>1316486
It might sound stupid and retarded, but consider moving to the EU to be an accountant and study over there while working/being on some working visa - get the permanent residency, and move to Switzerland. They pay MUCH more than USA, and depending which state you pick (the taxes vary a LOT - example ticino is only up to 20% up to 100k euro, zurigo assrapes you) you may pay almost nothing in taxes.

> tl;dr I just told you what I am currently in the process of doing.
>>
>>1316522
No idea what this anon is talking about
I got a grad offer at KPMG my final year my GPA was 2.8 I had one internship at that same kpmg office and worked 5 years in retail
That was it

So it's really not that hard
>>
>>1316532
Start my first day at EY on Monday. 3.0GPA, former bartender, dont even know that much about accounting. Killed the interviews.
>>
>>1316524
do you speak one of the languages there?
>>
quickbooks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.