[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with unions? I'd like to unionize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1464912898127.jpg (35KB, 407x461px) Image search: [Google]
1464912898127.jpg
35KB, 407x461px
Does anyone have experience with unions?

I'd like to unionize my workplace. I think I have the support and leadership skills to do it, but I have no idea how the process works.
>>
>>1316222
Historically unions are crybabies that create violent mobs and kill people.

Economically they are leeches who destroy business and communities.
>>
You identify a union that fits your industry, contact their HQ, and say you want help organizing your company. You'll get help. That's what they do.
>>
>>1316262

If self-interest and pursuit of profit is the name of the game, unionization is a viable tactic, especially for the average person.

>>1316284

Pretty much it. Even the threat of a union drive can do wonders. In 2006, I took a part-time job in a mail sorting center for $7.50 an hour. We formed an organizing committee to start a union drive and management just came out and gave a blanket $2/hour raise.
>>
>>1316222
I successfully unionised my workplace, I recommend you follow these steps:

1. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1316316
While I understand the self interest, it just isn't economically viable. So cost of business goes up which is passed on to the consumer, who will buy less of the product or service, leading to firings, outsourcing, or closing of the business. Essentially the employees shot themselves in the foot.

>>1316329
This
>>
Unions are like plagues. They spread everywhere thanks to muh gibsmedats shitskins
>>
>>1316363

If CEO hyper-compensation is "economically viable" so are union contracts.
>>
>>1316375
Depends on the company. Most businesses aren't mega corporations like McDonald's. Many have slim margins and not so obscene paid CEO's.

So I do have some agreement with you there, but companies typically pay a CEO for the value they add to the company.
>>
File: IMG_20150313_080633041.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150313_080633041.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
ILWU Local 13 longshoreman reporting in.

Organizing today is hard as fuck. What kind of work are you in OP? There's probably already a union for it. You'd need to contact them and they'd have your coworkers sign pledge cards.
>>
File: 1463172084284.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1463172084284.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>1316418
>companies typically pay a CEO for the value they add to the company

Then maybe they should pay their workers for the value they add as a whole. Collective bargaining is the free market at work. If the union demands too much the company won't be viable. It is in the interest of the members of the union to maximize their own pay and not destroy the company just as it is in the interest of the owner to pay the workers as little as possible and maximize his own pay.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.