[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Fair Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tony.jpg (219KB, 790x444px) Image search: [Google]
tony.jpg
219KB, 790x444px
Headed to a career fair in a couple hours, anyone have tips? e.g. how to approach people, how to phrase my introduction, what kinds of questions to ask, how to get contact info
>>
Most career fair booths are glorified advertising.

If all they do is spew talking points and keep telling you to go to their website to apply, just move on.
>>
If you haven't already applied to the place don't bother waiting in line. Going blind into a fair and going up to a company with a resume doesn't land a job 99.9% of the time.

This is the general guide for career fairs

>find out about them in advance, list of employers, location, layout of tables, etc
>find employers there you want to apply for
>go to their website and apply
>make sure you tailor resume for the position, not your mass produced resume
>go to employers you applied for and give them tailored resumes
>shake hands, eye contact, be dressed nice, etc
>tell them you already applied, spit a few words about what you read about the company/job (make sure research is great for this, this is one of the most important parts of the process) and how you are interested. Maybe bring up past jobs or experiences in classes. Don't bull shit this. Keep it legit.
>get business card, shake hand say thank you
>add that person on linked in

Do this with every company you are interest in at the fair. Also bring some extra generic resumes in case you feel like talking to others (I always did for practice)
>get there before the fair starts if you can, usually there are long ass lines before they start

A lot of it is research and applying beforehand. Going into a career fair blind is NOT recommended. It can work, just not the best chances.

If you don't get a job think about what you learned and how to improve next time. Most universities throw a fair or two a semester for their students and every major city metro area has a fair or two a month.
>>
>>1312524
Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it
>>
They are a waste of time. There are thousands of other desperate faggots there in the crowded room trying to get a job. What makes you think you can stand out in the 30 seconds you have to talk with your recruiter?
>>
Target women recruiters. Act like your gay. They will go out of their way to get you hired.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.