[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethereum Development Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1465412469788.jpg (104KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1465412469788.jpg
104KB, 640x628px
I'm a full-stack developer with considerable free time, and I'm thinking about developing apps for Ethereum. Obviously there's a laundry list of conventional services that can be duplicated using Ethereum, but I'm curious what sort of services people in the actual community would like to see -- the only caveats are that it be at least marginally profitable and that it require minimal upfront costs.
>>
Build an asset backed token with a DAO such as digix.
>>
File: TheDAO rel.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheDAO rel.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
Cool post m8 I'm starting my master thesis on blockchain next semester I think I will land at ethereum.

The money in bc at development now is unfortunately on private and consortium blockchains, but I think that will end once enterprise understands that public like ethereum ain't so scary afterall.

I'm researching systems that can be supported or replaced with bc. Although this is just early research here are my main areas:

- ERP for very large corporations(eg IBM, maersk, basically companies that have to manage complex economies)

- delivery dapp. Where to, by who, with drones

- literally anything to do with insurance and rental on the b2b side.

The money doesn't seem to be in public because most dapp ideas aim to remove cost for gatekeepers. That's essentially saying Napster or torrents could make a profit through donations but it's not a big market. The people willing to spend real money on blockchain are corporations who sti depend on ancient systems that they do not really see any reasonable way of innovating as of now
>>
do you have a recommendation of the best resource to read about how Eth is better than btc, what the possibilities of a DAO are, and how to develop apps for a blockchain?

i'd like to read about them. i can't program anything yet, but i'd like to work towards this as i study. all googles just bring up opinion sites, and blogs presented as news. i can't find any educational sources and don't quite know how to narrow my search. i'd appreciate any pointers you could give.
>>
>>1312120

If you're serious about learning, this is a great list.
http://blockchainschool.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Required-Readings.pdf
>>
>>1312279
If you already understand Blockchains and BTC I guess you can skip some of it, but i highly recommend getting a good understanding of the first two before you move into Eth, it makes everything a lot clearer.
>>
Message me on skype furion229 I have a solid dapp idea
>>
>>1312279
>http://blockchainschool.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Required-Readings.pdf
great thanks. i have some knowledge, but big holes. i'll work my way through it.
>>
>>1312331
800 by tomorrow afternoon

screenshot this.
>>
>>1312342
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1311981
make a service that allows eth script to interface with the real world so that you can have meaningful contracts...
oh wait you can't.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.