[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I turn $1300 into $15000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 343x147px
Previously I was a dumbfuck who didn't know how to budget/got myself into a lot of debt. I have basically cut all excess spending out, and now am focusing on paying my debts.

Currently have a personal loan of $13,000. Currently have $1,300 in my checking account. $6,000 in a savings account I don't touch (saving for a deposit for a property, started with my partner 3 months ago from $0).

All the following prices are per week. Living in Brisbane, Australia.

Income: $980.00
Rent: $200.00
Loan repayments: $241.00
Savings: $250.00
Phone bill: $17.30
Gym: $15.95
Food: $50.00
Petrol: $50.00
Car insurance: $11.08
Bills: $11.54

Total expenses: $846.87
Leftover: $133.13 (personal savings but obviously for anything like new shoes, fixing my car etc this goes into that).

Moving back home isn't an option as my parents live about 2000km from me so any option of living rent-free is out.

Looking for ways how to turn my shitty checking account into an amount so large that I can wipe out my loan repayments and get into the black before buying a house.
>>
>>1308076
Pay off your debt.
>>
>>1308085
totally working on it. Just wondering if there's good ways to do it, other than just "pay as much as you can each week while still being able to live".

Small investments? work on a % basis? I grab any overtime that's offered as well
>>
>>1308086
>pay as much as you can each week while still being able to live
Do this.
>>
>rent: $$200
>food: $50
>car insurance: $11

what the fuck. where do you live?
>>
>>1308091
Brisbane, Australia

>>1308090
Figured as much, there's no real quick solution other than this is there?
>>
Aight. Frugal genius here.
Get rid of your gym membership and just work out and home/go for runs
Spend less money on food - go and buy a giant bag of rice from an asain shop and some cheap meat and bulk frozen cheap veg - that's your food from now on, now you can cut down from 50 a week to 50 a month, if not less
try and move into a cheaper place - 200 a week is very expensive, especially if you're sharing
phone bill is quite low, but you could lower it to ten per month on a text saver plan
car insurance and petrol are non negotiable i suppose, but try to limit your driving as much as possible
Now put the excess onto the debt as much as you can, and maybe pay down the principle with a bulk payment from your savings so you can pay the debt faster

the end

t. no debt

>>1308091

Australia, fuckwit.
>>
>>1308098
thanks for tips. my partner is vegetarian so i've basically become vegetarian and i'm finding it a lot cheaper than eating meat. but i can dig the rice and frozen veg.

i might look around for a cheaper place, i'm in a share house in the master bedroom, maybe if i find another place i can get it cheaper.

thanks again for tips
>>
>>1308076
Have you thought about getting a job mate?
>>
>>1308109
i have one, otherwise i'd be selling drugs
>>
>>1308110
Oh irght. desu I dindt read down to your breakdown of expenses.

Here's what you should do: you should pay that loan off, in it's entirety as soon as your savings account gets high enough. DOnt give me that "I'm saving for a house crap" You will be able to save twice as fast as soon as that loan (I'm guess it's a credit card debt?) is gone. You entire tax return should go to it at the end of the month in any case.

Cancel your gym membership.
Catch public transport to work.
>>
>>1308076
fellow brisbanite here.
I'm jelly of the income.
only thing I can think of changing is
>petrol
fucking move cloesr to work you dumb nigger. that's 2.6k a year.
I don't have car insurance and I don't have many bills.
stop saving until you pay off the loan.
the loan is a black spot on your history.
and I mean have like 100 spending money aside, rest all goes into loan.

then you can save at 250.
>>
>>1308098
that's cool m8
you can get a 20 kilo bag of rice that will last you for months at the gook shops all over the place
get brown rice if you want frequent, solid poops

t. everyday brown rice eater
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.