[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stocks General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bb.jpg (31KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
31KB, 600x389px
Alright, gents. A lot of useful advice is traded on /biz/, but it's mired in shitposting and nonsensical shilling, so let's try having a general thread with established rules.

RULES:

>1. Take on a tripcode if you'd like to formally identify yourself. Keep track of the tripcodes and IDs of others to get around the problem of spammers and trolls.

>2. Stock Generals are for sharing ideas and tips for stocks. The overall goal here is to help each other out. Shills should note that only a small population of users with an even smaller concentration of capital browse /biz/, and not all at the same time. If you try to shill a stock just using this board, do us all a favour and quit kidding yourself, because its value isn't going anywhere.

>3. This is an optional rule, but it's one that I think would help everyone out equally. Outside of predictions, you're welcome to post parts of your portfolio in these threads, along with your reasoning for choosing certain stocks.

I'll follow this post up with a newer part of my portfolio as a show of good faith. Hopefully we can get some good conversations going.
>>
>>1306372
These stocks will be a part of my portfolio for the coming months. As a disclaimer, I am new to trading, so do your own research before buying any of these stocks.

>Barrick gold [ABX]
I actually invested in this stock just a little earlier than Soros did, and I held it through a downturn for a while because of the possibility of the Fed's rate increase, BREXIT, China's piss-poor economy, and the Canadian housing bubble. Now it's starting to climb up, and I expect it to jump quite a bit just before BREXIT, drop for a day or two once the vote goes through, then jump again immediately after.

>Goldcorp [G]
Alternative to Barrick, just as cheap, and with good prospects.

>Agnico Eagle Mines [AEM]
Fairly secure as far as volatile gold stocks go stock. I saw their CEO on Bloomberg a while ago and I really liked the way he carried himself and spoke about his company.

>Algonquin Power and Utilities [AQN]
A nice, undervalued stock with contracts in hydro-electric and solar. The best part is you can check their contracts publicly, and they have quite a few coming up in the future.
>>
$NRG is an energy company, that relies a lot on natural gas. And natural gas has recently been doing extremely well.

They were hit with a ratings downgrade last week and this sent that stock crashing after months of vertical climbing.

No other major agency or fund has revised their position on $NRG though.

Furthermore, not much in the company's direction has changed since the time that were given the good ratings. They just bought up all of their outstanding preferred stock so they waste less on dividends and they've been paying back debt. Utilities are always in demand.

For now I expect it to keep dipping into maybe $13, but this due for a major reversal. It's such a blatant overreaction. I wish I could buy more, even at $14, because it's practically free money under $16.
>>
>>1306372
You might want to add a rule directing Anons with no broker to the /rgt/.
Otherwise, you'll have massive penny stock shilling, with a side of ignorance.
>>
>>1306468
Fair point, though I do still want this thread to serve as an opportunity for learning too.

>>1306372
>4. If you have little to no experience in trading, or if you use a do-it-yourself trading platform, consider lurking the Robinhood General thread here:
>>1306009
>>
>>1306578
>want this thread to serve as an opportunity for learning
Very noble of you.
If anons come here to learn, I'm all for it.
The "something for nothing" vibe is pretty prevalent there, though.
Because we're just suckers, you see. That "debate" will probably creep in as well.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.