[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salary advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20160611-WA0003.jpg (45KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160611-WA0003.jpg
45KB, 564x752px
Hi there my amigos. I just got an offert to work in the USA doing the same I do here in Mexico, and I am confused about how much money should I ask for. Could you help me, please. This is my current info:
>mexico
>telecomm engineer
>5 years experience
>4.50 USD/hour
>>
Google what people earn on average in your profession in the US, subtract 3% for being a beaner.
>>
Lo que yo he encontrado es que lo que ganas mensual, en tu caso 20,000 pesos al mes es el salario que puedes pedir anual en dólares +20% o sea pedir unos 25,000 USD anuales como mínimo
>>
>>1305328
Make sure you get tour work visa now before Trump makes it harder.
>>
>>1305342
The thing my friend, is that in the US even a mcdonald's teenager makes more than me. Should I ask for 20 USD/hour or is too much for a beaner?
>>
>>1305328
>4.50 USD/hour

you make more than twice that panhandling.
>>
>>1305370
You win dollars, but you also spend dollars. You may earn three or fourth times what you earn here, but you also spend two or three times more on basic groceries (just a figure of speech, in case some retard is missing the point), so you don't have to compare the salary between countries, but to the internal market.

Basically, this anon is right: >>1305341 get an idea how much people with similar skills to yours earn, subtract a bit (because they are expecting a mexican to work for cheaper than a gringo, and do it actually better), and there you go.

Also, try to check out some of the living cost comparatives to know how much money do you actually need. By example, $25k sounds good as mexican, but that's $2084 per month, or $68 per day. That's like $8.6 per hour, which is a dollar above the minimal wage, and if you have heard the news, there's a lot of protests because the minimal wage is not enough to have a decent life in plenty of cities.

TL,DR: google for similar job offers, get the average and ask a bit less, but not below the living costs of the city where you're going to move in; these living costs should also include some savings.
>>
Depends on where you will be living, the cost of living there.

I would say $15hr to $20hr
>>
>>1305391
I get it, the living cost would be higher in the US. Sadly, when I was asked for my expected salary the employer want me to give him the number in mexican pesos, so, stupid as I am, I give him the salary I expected for the job "doing it in mexico", not in the USA. I told him the equivalent of 8.9 USD/hour. I think I was tricked. Am I screwed?
>>
File: Capture.png (79KB, 840x819px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
79KB, 840x819px
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p

Please check out the salary negotiation Interview Breakdowns in Find your dreamjob & Money + Business Essentials

Links in TripleMaximumSlave & PinchaPooRacingOnDesignatedStreets respectively
use Jdownloader for easymode.
>>
>>1305542
Thank you very much, amigo. I'll do my best to poo only in designated streets.
>>
No idea about US, but in Aus as a telecom engineer with 3 years experience I make $38/hr
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.