[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dentist Legal Matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
My dentist told me I had enough insurance money for a free cleaning and I just got a call from them saying that's not the case and now I must pay $200 for the cleaning. Is that legal? How can they tell me one thing and have it not be true then charge me? They said they didn't verify my insurance in 2 years so it was a mistake.
>>
>>1303349
sue them if you can
fuck dentists
my dentist told me that my wisdom teeth were gonna destroy my jaw in a year
that was five years ago
and that my teeth were gonna fall out due to gingivitis and im like what fucking gingivitis?
>>
>>1303366
Do you think it could go that far? Is there any way at all this is my fault? I didn't tell them anything, they just assumed my insurance stayed the same over the last 2 years when it went from 2000 to 1500 a year.
>>
>>1303368
Not your fault. The dentist told you information that he knew wasn't true. Even if he didn't know it wasn't true, it's still his fault for telling you that you had it covered.

It'd be like if a mechanic told you that you can get a free balance check with getting new tires, and then come to found out there's an extra 100 charge on your bill.
>>
Do you have a recording of that? No? Then you can't do shit.
>>
>>1303379
So should I tell them I'm not paying it or what? Because I don't have the money for a lawyer and going to court over it would cost more than the bill.
>>
>>1303388
It's their duty to contact my insurance company, not my mine. I don't have to contact it for them.
>>
>>1303390
Don't let them know that.
>>
>>1303379

your scenario is actually legal. They can charge you for services performed, whether they lied to you or not. They just dont because they wont get any repeat customers.

OP should pay the bill and find a new dentist
>>
>>1303390
Speak softly but carry a big stick. Act courteous and explain how you were told that it would be covered and it is not your fault that they have not updated their files. Do not threaten legal action until they decline to work with you. Then it may be necessary.
>>
>>1303349
You should know what your insurance does/does not cover. Pay the bill

>>1303379
No this would be like a mechanic telling you your 3rd party warranty would cover a repair, then later telling you they are declining to cover the repair.
>>
>>1303366
>>1303379
unbelievable.
>OP goes to court
>"They told me it was free"
>no written promise of $0 bill
>Dentist: "I told him I thought his insurance would cover it. They didn't"
>Case dismissed
>Dentist countersues for legal fees/lost wages

>>1303448
do this but be prepared to be laughed at when you threaten a lawsuit.
>>
>>1303349
>I'm a helpless no agency having victim
>too lazy to look into my own insurance
>can Bernie Sanders still help me?
HURR be careful a mean ol frat guy your age doesn't assrape by offering you alcohol...
>>
File: wooden bat.jpg (2KB, 348x145px) Image search: [Google]
wooden bat.jpg
2KB, 348x145px
>>1303448

this, except actually carry a big wooden bat into the office while you ask nicely and try to work things out. If you speak softly AND carry a big stick, I honestly dont think it will get to the point of legal threats.
>>
>>1303479
Angry Virgin neckbeard GGer detected
>>
>>1303470
>Dentist countersues for legal fees/lost wages
Not in America. Like other civilized nations, we don't have a "loser pays" rule. But the rest of your post is correct.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.