[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice Please (Sorry there's no tl; dr)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: nightfall.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nightfall.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
So, I saw a couple of threads asking for advice that were similar to my situation; however, I hate hijacking people's threads, and while I know /biz/ is inundated with this sort of thing, I wanted to ask some advice about graduate school and work. In short, what's a lucrative graduate program for a liberal arts major?

Long story short, I majored in classics and English, which I know are not the world's most lucrative or employable majors, but I did it with minimal debt as I had college scholarships--one of which was full tuition for majoring in classics. I honestly wanted to teach, but I think I would only want to do that at the post-secondary level now. If you know anything about the current state of colleges and universities in America, tenure is disappearing and good work is hard to come by as an adjunct professor--typically one must teach one to three classes as an adjunct prof for a pittance and then pray that they find an alternative 50%-100% job at the college/uni for which they are qualified and hope it offers a benefits package of some kind. Random thought, are online grad degrees bullshit?

That being said, I currently work a semi-managerial position at a college that is a 75% position and involves a lot of customer service. As it were, I have worked in a lot of customer service jobs--deli clerk, security guard, front desk assistant, tutor, gas station attendant, cashier, produce hand, financial aid assistant, call center associate, etc. I hate customer service. It's the pits. I don't want to do customer service anymore. I know it's the most readily abundant variety of job, but it's just not for me. I am somewhat neurotic and racked with anxiety and depression (like a lot of people, so I don't expect any special treatment unless it involves the ADA IRL). I take meds and I go to therapy. It helps. Any ideas about jobs for people with anxiety or who eschew high pressure social interactions? No to sales please, which I have done.

/part 1
>>
File: finished.jpg (89KB, 1272x1078px) Image search: [Google]
finished.jpg
89KB, 1272x1078px
>>1302406
[continued]
Being afflicted with anxiety makes official, social interaction painful at times. I get complimented a lot on my work ethic and so forth, but I am just dying inside. I think I might be able to work this job 6-12 months more tops. Does anyone else deal with this? As in, you can only work in spurts or for a set amount of time and then you get [bored, upset, sick and tired, etc.] and you have to do something else?

I do not want clients, patients or customers. If the working world is like a restaurant, I want to work in the back of the house with the most minimal or least amount of non-coworker interaction as possible. I just want to focus on my work and let someone else market it, sell it, deliver it, etc. I used to work as an editor for a small media company, but that job dried up as editing as a career is hard to come-by. I'm in my late 20s now. I'm thinking actuarial science, accounting, or education (which is a death trap). Any other ideas? Suggestions? for work...I think writing would be awesome, but that's a 'don't quit your day job' career...

pls help and thanks
>>
soft bump
>>
Additional soft bump
>>
File: 1465632489466s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1465632489466s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>1302407
>>1302406
Stfu nerd, life is hard.
Create a business and pick up hobbies.
>>
>>1303453
Ordinarily, I wouldn't be a dick and bump out of spite, but...you could be better at being more dismissive. Not that I want to get into a dialogue about it.
>>
File: laughter2.gif (481KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
laughter2.gif
481KB, 500x375px
>>1303453
>Stfu nerd, life is hard.
HAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.