[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Technical" "analysis" general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1454135657732.jpg (333KB, 842x519px) Image search: [Google]
1454135657732.jpg
333KB, 842x519px
"Technical" "analysis" general
>>
File: USOilH1.png (251KB, 1673x807px) Image search: [Google]
USOilH1.png
251KB, 1673x807px
>>1300442
>>
File: evonik.jpg (95KB, 1212x525px) Image search: [Google]
evonik.jpg
95KB, 1212x525px
>>1300442
You see that green arrow? That's means I'll be out of the red soon.
I mean, why would I even be able to make that green arrow if it wasn't true, right?
>>
>not understanding the relation between TA and reversion to the mean
>>
>>1300442
>people predicting the future based on technical analysis
>not just using it as a tool to explain trade types

You are suppose to combine your speculation with fundamental analysis.
Otherwise you only know trade types, without knowing the direction.
>>
>>1300442
Talk shit all you want but simple technical analysis can be useful.

Up 43% this year (maybe beginners luck) on trading oil and I've used a mix of TA & FA.
>>
>>1300662
how do you trade oil?

do you need a futures account? or can you trade using an oil index?
>>
>>1300728
I'm not that guy but I make good money trading small oil and energy company stocks. $REXX, $XCO. $CJES, $HUSA, $HERO, $CHK. Learn to swing trade, analyze for pivot and resistance points. Play smart and good luck
>>
>>1300728
my view is investing in utilities ETFs rather than energy ETFs. utilities can make use of swings in energy prices, but energy sectors lose money.

honestly, who knows.
>>
>>1300657
Technical analysis is mean reversion with a trend mostly.

I general TA is Bullshit and will lead to shity returns. Your transaction costs are significantly higher and with algo trader if there was ever any edge it has be arbitraged away. In order for TA to work it the markets can't even be weak form efficient. What fucking market in the world isn't even weak form efficient?

Also what signal do you follow? If you start using these indicators then you’re going to get numerous conflicting results. Does it ever really make sense to buy something just because it has gone up in price? If someone is raising the price of something you don't buy more of it you buy less of it. This is basic economics supply and demand. You wait till it goes on sale and you buy it at a discount. TA makes no logical sense.
>>
>>1300442
Fundamental > Quantitative >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gambling > Technical
>>
File: tealeafreading.jpg (30KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
tealeafreading.jpg
30KB, 600x412px
>>1300662
Why would you lie on an anonymous imageboard? Or are you bragging about your $200 Robinhood account? Either way, kys.
>>
is technical analysis still a thing ? I thought it was settled as bullshit in the 90s
>>
File: bizOnSuicideWatch.png (2MB, 1652x3056px) Image search: [Google]
bizOnSuicideWatch.png
2MB, 1652x3056px
Thanks muh TA for making /biz/ miss on Bitcoin again and again.
>>
>>1301092
>is technical analysis still a thing ? I thought it was settled as bullshit in the 90s
Yes, Gen X figured this out and TA died for a long time.

Unfortunately, Millennials revived it because they're financial gullible, and tend to believe that computers can solve all problems.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSVNikbg9DM

This stuff had Cramer not even 2 weeks ago saying all the big oil stocks were going down. They went up! Now he is recommending them and stopped talking about Fibonacci.
>>
>>1301233
listening to cramer and not doing the opposite.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.