[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying a laundromat just a meme, or is it actually a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Folsom-Laundry-004.jpg (738KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Folsom-Laundry-004.jpg
738KB, 2272x1704px
Is buying a laundromat just a meme, or is it actually a good idea?
>>
>>1299755

Just don't open one near another laundromat.

Laundromat owners are very territorial.
>>
>>1299776
I really meant being part-owner of an already existing one.
>>
>>1299781

What's the neighborhood like?
>>
>>1299755
>Just a meme

What kind of meme is this? I've never seen it posted before
>>
>>1299792
I don't really have a neighborhood in mind, but I'm assuming a low-middle income neighborhood is favorable.
>>
Several things to consider
Neighbor demographics
Building lease payment/rent
Machinery maintenance
Utility bills especially water
Property surveillance equipment
Attendant wage(you will need some onsit)
Figure out those things and you will set yourself up for a nice negative return on your investment
>>
>>1299802
High end neighborhoods don't use them because they have their own washer and dryer.

You need to target apartments and trailer parks mostly.

You need to have an attendant on site if you don't want people ruining the machines due to incompetence and people from trying to smash change machines to get money.

If you're buying into an existing one, make sure the machines are decently new and well maintained.

Also make sure they have a few of the giant washing machines. Even upper middle class use those for giant quilts and bedding sometimes.
>>
What kind of poorfag doesn't have his own laundry machines? Even my piece of shit $1300 a month apartment in the ghetto has one.
>>
I know a laundry mat owner that seems really successful. He has a day job doing maintenance for a big corporation. So he learned all the skills there.

I think it would be best if you know how to fix machines - they break all the time.
>>
>>1300081
we pay $1350/mo for our apartment (wouldn't call it the ghetto- pretty decent area) and it includes in-unit wash/dryer.

However, when we went apartment-hunting, out of the 9 places we checked-out, this apartment was the only one that included in-unit wash/dryer. Other complexes had facilities on-site, but never inside the apartments themselves. Iunno, weird.
>>
>>1300081

Yeah I always think this too when I see a laundromat.

Like, you can get a washer dryer on Craigslist for fucking FREE. For free people. They are everywhere. Then you can do them at home just whenever you want without wasting any time sitting around a laundromat.

I dont even know how those places exist.
>>
>>1300081
>$1300/month shitty apartment in the ghetto
Hello fellow Californian
>>
>>1300180
It's not being unable to find a washer/dryer.
It's being able to hook the fucking thing up.
Most apartments don't come with a dedicated area with water line hookup and 220 connection.
>>
>>1300081
Lmao what I live in a condo in Toronto on the waterfront and only pay 1400. And that's Canadian dollars.
>>
>>1299755

A lot of local mats in my area went under, and the ones who are afloat struggle.

The reason is because utilities sore through the roof, and this means that the cost to do a load is higher than ever. This deters potential customers.

About 10 years ago when I moved to my current city I could run a load for around $0.75 and dry it for about a buck. Now it costs like $2 to wash and like another $2.50 to dry.

What ends up happening is people just go to their friend's or family's homes to do laundry, or they just don't do it (Or like once a month). A lot of people also just get a line of credit and buy a washer / dryer.

The only people I see using these anymore are niggers and spics. Not trying to be racist -

>niggers
>spics
>Not trying to be racist
>Pick one

- because I feel there is a difference between a nigger and a black citizen, or a spic and a Hispanic citizen. Normal down-to-Earth good-natured people are kind and respectful. But these fucking niggers and spics come in, steal everything, break everything, cause fires, smash windows, cause problems, and basically wreck the place.

If you're looking to lose money in damages and resources, investing in mats are a good idea.
>>
>>1299755
>>1300074
>You need to have an attendant on site

This.

Think about additional services.

Have the attendant offer to do their laundry so they don't have to sit around waiting for it. They drop off in the morning and pick up in the evening.

Also add dry cleaning services. Find a decent dry cleaner that is relatively close (points of pickup/delivery) to take care of that.

Even though I have my own washer/dryer, I would love to farm that work out as I don't have the time. My local laundamat would have gotten my business but he doesn't iron or have a press for button-down shirts. So yea, I continue to do my own laundry.
>>
>>1301009
Oh, and furthermore, give the attendant a decent cut of the proceeds.

You want to be a "one stop shopping" for laundry services.

And give your laundamat it a decent name so when you have your business formula down to a science and people begin to love you, you can expand (via opening in unserved areas or buying existing laundamats) or even franchise to other locations.

Keep it simple OP. Let other people run the shop. Nobody gets rich working for a living.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.