[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tax help needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: inland-revenue-og-image.png (31KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
inland-revenue-og-image.png
31KB, 800x420px
I have just under 103K USD in BTC and I have decided to cash out and end my business. The problem is I have not paid any tax on this income and don't know how to go about it.

If I just withdraw the funds into my bank is there a risk of the IRD (our version of the IRS) coming after me for tax evasion?

I don't want to break the law and will pay what I need to, I just have no idea how.

I live in New Zealand so I'm not sure how similar the system is to the states.
>>
>>1299665
why not just keep it as BTC? it's better for the economy. once you spend it the problem becomes someone elses problem, then hopefully they decide to spend their BTC and so the economy grows and the price of BTC rises.
>>
>>1299669
I'll probably keep a sizable chunk of it in BTC because I believe the price will likely rise and also for future transactions, but I really want to cash out so I can start investing on the NZX and ASX.
>>
>>1299665
I don't know tax law in your country however here's what you'd do if you were in the US.

Generally, the following gifts are not taxable gifts:[5]

>Gifts that are not more than the annual exclusion for the calendar year (For the year 2015: $14,000 per recipient for any one donor[6])
>Gifts to a political organization for its use
>Gifts to charities
>Gifts to one's (US Citizen) spouse
>Tuition or medical expenses one pays directly to a medical or educational institution for someone. Donor must pay the expense directly. If donor writes a check to donee and donee then pays the expense, the gift may be subject to tax.

So, if you don't need it all right now, your best shot is taking it out 14k each year until you eventually have it all out.

When pulling it out you could also split it between your bank and paypal to make the money harder to track. If you have a spouse you could pull another 14k out to her bank account and her paypal. Get a friend or father to promise to testify if need be to say "Yeah I had a bunch of cash saved away in my safe that I gave to him as a gift".

That gives you 48k for this year. Then you can repeat again next year to get the rest out.
>>
>>1299672
what do you hope to gain by investing in that ponzo scheme?
>>
>>1299712
>ponzo scheme
What Ponzi scheme?
>>
>>1299665
You won't get busted for tax evasion if you pay taxes on it when you withdraw it. They don't know when you got the income, you can just say you got it all this year.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.