[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Profiting on the downturn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 00.png (395KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
395KB, 420x420px
/biz/, what investments have you made lately in order to make millions when the market inevitably undergoes another recession?

Everyone is predicting it now, it will probably happen in a few months, so now is the time for the put options and short positions
>>
who else is waiting for the crash to buy so we can make 5000% return by buying low lol
>>
>>1299353
Some financefags (like Bill Gross) are saying we are not going to see the returns of the past 40 years again in our lifetimes, for as long as interest rates remain low. It's almost mathematically impossible because of how much assets would have to appreciate in order to generate those returns at this rate.

Kind of depressing. It's not like we'll be poor, but none of us may ever be as wealthy as our grandparents unless we take CLUTCH yolo shorts right before the next recession.
>>
>Everyone is predicting it now

It probably won't happen then
>>
>>1299357
The world in 40 years wont look anything like today so its kind of moot

My whole thing if passive income financial independance before too many are automated away and the real social unrest starts
>>
>>1299384
I'm really not buying the automation argument. Everything I've read about economics in textbooks and treatises and essays says that when old jobs die due to improvements in production efficiency, new jobs are created from the cost savings.

It may well mean that low skilled workers will serve as clowns for private circuses in the households of the wealthy. But for the same reason you believe we can't predict the trajectory of asset values over the next 40 years, I believe that we can't predict the trajectory of the job market.

And even though I made this thread half-seriously/half-not, I think we are both right. I was just curious if anyone was so convinced that the market downturn is imminent that they'd actually made a play. I certainly haven't.
>>
>>1299387
Horses might have said that at the start of the industrial revolution.

>if machines do the hard labour we get to just draw carts around the city and not get worked to death
>the care is invented
>oh well if the car takes people around the city then we will just get nicer jobs

OH WAIT
The population of horses peaked globally over a hundred years ago.
Horses are obsolete, so we bred fewer horses.
Now there are a mere fraction of the horses that existed in the 19th century, and almost none of them "work".
>>
>>1299435
What you're actually talking about would be represented as "the increase in wealth due to automation results in a decline in birthrates" as inevitably takes place whenever a population reaches a certain standard of living. It is one of many reasons the Malthusian hypothesis is false.

What I was talking about was more along the lines of seamstresses worrying about what we'd do when the sewing machine was invented. Magically, the market survived.

It's not like jobs disappear in a day and we kill everyone who used to hold those jobs. That type of thing only happens in planned economies ran by large, corrupt governments (but oh wait, that's ALL planned economies!).

Seriously, as much as you can say this has never happened before, the same can be said for everything in the history of economics, and yet here we are.
>>
>>1299290
>another recession
>another
we never left the first one
>>
>>1300803
gee billy, your govt lets you have TWO recessions?
>>
I'm short /ES and /ZB futures.
>>
>>1299290
ive made some money buying low but not millions... I dont think anyone on here has that capital to play with
>>
>>1299367
this. it is stupid to invest your money around trying to predict large stock market down turns. dont be an idiot and put your shit in individual stocks or if you do have a very well diversified portfolio. even if it happens you will make your money back.

you should be buying when everyone is crying about the world ending in the news.
>>
>>1300803
In the economic definition of "recession," yes, we did.
>>
>>1299290
what gun stocks to buy now that there has been the largest mass shooting in american history?

It is a well known fact that whenever gun regulation is perceived as a potential reality, gun sales rally as people buy up to make sure they are armed in case of legislative restrictions.
>>
>>1300899
>>1300673
>>
>>1299290
$SQQQ $SDS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.