[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the utilities like on a 8000 sq foot house?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What are the utilities like on a 8000 sq foot house?
>>
>>1299256
Depends on where you live, how many people in the house, the quality of the house. I wouldn't expect the cost for an 8,000sf house would be 4x that of a 2,000sf house. Prob between 2-3x.
>>
>>1299256
about 3 fiddy mate
>>
>>1299256
My parents live in a 10k sq ft house and it's about $1800 total for utilities. Property tax and repairs included, around $3000 per month.
>>
It will depend mostly on how well insulated it is and the quality of the HVAC setup.

The bulk of power bills are heating and air.
>>
>>299256
$1500/mo for electricity in Texas..

In Texas, your property taxes would be 3% of appraised value annually (divided by 12 for monthly ass fucking).
>>
>>1299256
>>
>>1299648
>3% property tax
holy fucking shit, that's robbery.
>>
>>1300090
>>1299648

"appraised value" and "actual value" are not necessarily the same.

My "appraised value" here in PA is around $190k for a $600k house. It's still a sizable chunk of change but my tax bill is easily half what it would be in Northern NJ (Metro NYC).
>>
>>1300989
>>1299256

Moral of the story: unless you have a huge level of permanent cashflow, keep your housing requirements reasonable.

One day your kids will age out of the house and you and your spouse are stuck with the maintenance and upkeep of this huge palace. And your kids will get pissed when you down-size because they want to bring their kids to the home they grew up in. (I'm dealing with this exact thing now)
>>
>>1299462
where did they get the money to live in a 10k sqft house?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.