[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your inheritance is finally out of probate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>tfw your inheritance is finally out of probate
>>
>>1298664
How much?

Just note that a contingency lawyer will be able to look up your probate and ruin your life.
>>
>>1298678
After the gibbement taxed the entire estate my share amounted to 750k.

What is a contingency lawyer?
>>
>>1298681
NICE!

Sorry about whoever had to die.

Lawyers that work for no cash down, but take a % of winnings. Suppose

>you get in a drunken fight with some guy
>guy finds out your name
>he has an uncle who is a contingency lawyer
>lawyer gets some aid to check the probate list
>sees you got 750k
>sues you, hopes to settle out of court
>makes thousands for a few hours paper work

Don't mean to scare you, but it's kind of public record you got some cash so act accordingly.
>>
>>1298689
Wow. I never knew this kind of stuff was public record, thats pretty bullshit.

Thanks for the heads up, i appreciate it a lot.
>>
>>1298693
No problem.

It's a court case like any other so it's supposed to be available to the public.

It kind of makes sense though, suppose.
>your dad has a family with a bunch of your half siblings
>you're some bastard from an affair
>he leaves all his money in equal portions to his legitimate kids and you get nothing

It gives people a chance to settle matters. If he had 4 kids who all got 1/4, would it be unfair for you to come along and say all of his kids should get 1/5.

I'd think gold diggers would check probate lists and then see facebook profiles if the guy is single or with an uglier lady by now.

Any plans for your money? I remember when I inherited 70k after waiting for 8 years, I took a friend out for some wings and beer.
>>
>>1298700
Not really, I really just want to buy my dream home 10-15 years from now and hope the market grows (im in my early twentys)

Maybe start traveling as ive never really gone anywhere besides Disney World as a kid.

>tfw no friends
I wish I had friends to go out with or whatever. Its also why im kind of reluctant on traveling as going alone is intimidating. I guess theres some things money cant buy, eh?

Also, sorry for your loss and all that overr the 70k
>>
>>1298714
It was actually around 150k USD, but I was getting it installments to keep my marginal rate low enough to not have to pay taxes.

Kind of in the same boat, just smaller. I got the money in my 20s, but the friends I have are all kind of poor and I cant do anything that costs money with without paying for them too. You have 5x the amount I got though.

Little hesitant to get in a relationship with a woman with none or negative net worth, too.

I'm thinking about going to go teach English in some poor country where people will just assume I'm wealthier than them without knowing I have more than they might make in their entire life.
>>
>>1298714
I got to go to bed and this might get archived, if you ever want to talk I got a throwaway
[email protected]
>>
>>1298700
Dad gets 40k from his dead grandma,
his exwife hits him for child support and the whole check gets routed to her before he even knew it was coming
dad got fukt
>>
dumb frogposter
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.