[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that gawker has filed for bankruptcy, how much money will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

now that gawker has filed for bankruptcy, how much money will Hogan actually make off of them?
would he possess the right to all of Gawker's current asset? or would he not get a cent? or maybe Gawker make partial payment to him (like 40 million) and give the rest to its own investors before closing.
i am quite interested in this developing story.
>>
Learn the difference between chapter 7 and 11 dum dum.
>>
File: 1395738614237.jpg (147KB, 838x627px) Image search: [Google]
1395738614237.jpg
147KB, 838x627px
>>1298311
i am not american, please teach me
>>
>>1298330

hey... that HUD is from F-Zero GX
>>
>>1298289

Yeah I have wondered about this too, so I hope someone explains.

I THINK if a company has a judgement against them, but they file bankruptcy then they don't have to pay a dime.
>>
In simple terms, the reason Gawker Media is filling for bankruptcy because atm they don't have enough revenue to pay off Hogan, the court and his lawyers so they are liquidating their assets and whatever else to get enough to do so.
>>
>>1299260

But I thought bankruptcy cancells debts AND judgements?
>>
>>1299448
Nope. But it can make receiving any sort of judgement extremely difficult because a bankruptcy judge has to approve it. I bet Thiel shit himself when Gawker filed. Gawker will come back as another entity with no debt and guess who they will then target?

Ha ha! Business!
>>
>>1299448
>>1299659

Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharges most debts and judgements outright. Student loans tend to be the one exception. Very difficult to have student loans discharged. But under a chapter 7 bankruptcy, the judgement would likely be forgiven.

Gawker filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy which essentially puts the company on a repayment plan that they can afford where they reorganize their finances and agree to make payments over the course of many months or years. The judgement will not be thrown out under this kind of bankruptcy.
>>
makes me fucking furious that the judge ruled in Hogan's favour.

Hogan is a cheating slimeball but Gawker should be punished? they posted a video that was already online!
>>
File: 1242941220150.jpg (14KB, 415x322px) Image search: [Google]
1242941220150.jpg
14KB, 415x322px
>>1299985
>Gawker should be punished?
they ignored a court order and gloated about it.
>>
>>1300023
So did OJ. He got off his meds and his hands swelled. If his hands did not fit they decided to acquit. Good lawyering.
>>
>>1300028
I'm not sure what kind of argument that is supposed to be.

Gawker was sent a notice from court to take it down. The ridiculed the notice and said they won't take the video down. Which is against the law. Instead of fighting it they just said "fuck you we won't take the video down". This but them in the ass. I'm not a Hogan fan either but you have to respect laws even if you don't agree with them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.