[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

room for rent vs airbnb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (4KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 260x194px
i have an extra room in my house..... should i rent it out or put it on airbnb?

is airbnb have any problems?
>>
>>1296367

Me too. Monitoring thread.
>>
Rent if your in the burbs, but if your in a metropolis or near a tourist haven Airbnb can be lucrative.
>>
>>1296390
this
i mean it's not even worth making a thread about
do the math and see which number comes out higher
>>
I got raped IRL thanks for airbnb. Just rent it out to a decent person. I'm a guy btw.
>>
>>1296481

Story?
>>
>>1296481
green text time baby
>>
>>1296481
*unzips dick*
>>
>>1296736
Not good at greentexting and I don't feel like it. Long story short - he pretty much just fucked me using physical force. I'm on the short side height-wise so there wasn't really anything I could do except taking it like a man. Reported it, went to police but I never heard back from them. I really doubt they even contacted airbnb to log his shit. Fucking Germany.
>>
>>1296761
I am suspicious of all this in that I don't think you've told the entire story.

I've been an Airbnb host for 6 years. In 6 years I've only turned away 2 creepy potential guests and one con artist. (Said he was the producer of a major Hollywood blockbuster. I called the producer's office in Los Angeles and his assistant told me I was being scammed.)

Airbnb is freaked out by the possibility that a guest or host would be abused in such a way as this poster described. Not saying it couldn't happen; just saying that Airbnb would have jumped on such a claim due to immense liability issues and bad press. So I don'tthink the poster is being completely truthful here.
>>
>>1296367

Long time Air BnB renter here... airBnB have no problems. it perfectly fine. trust me baby.

By the way, are you profile pic on your site? What is your height & weight? I prefer to rent from small men who like to stay quiet. : )
>>
>>1296367
Never had a problem with airbnb. Renting out my 2 living rooms for 80 euros a night (both rooms are connected). Rent out my apartment for 120 euros a night tax free.

It all depends on where you live. If you live in a european capital you can rent out 2/3 of the time in the summer. You have to look at the average rent you can get, then you can look at airbnb and see what people get.
>>
>>1296899

We're talking about a straight, presumably white male here. He isn't some 20-something lesbian intersectionality lecturer with pink hair and a Che shirt.
>>
What is Air BnB? I'm willing to rent out my living room on weekends!

Do I have to provide transportation? Food? Be home the whole time? Why wouldn't they just steal my shit?
>>
>>1296899
>he offered me a room, he was very polite. he said he needed some money in exchange
that moment when u realize airbnb is a sex trafficking app~
>>
>>1296961
Haha yes, I'm white. Anyway apart from that I've never had any bad experiences with airbnb - before or after. It was just a bad one time thing and I've made some great money there. Not sure if I would suggest it to OP but whatevs man.
>>
File: top.png (249KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
top.png
249KB, 358x358px
>>1296761
>there wasn't really anything I could do except taking it like a man.
>>
>>1296975
Somebody answer this please.
>>
>>1296975
>>1298070
>Do I have to provide transportation? Food? Be home the whole time?
All up to you.
>Why wouldn't they just steal my shit?
Their identity is on file.
>>
>>1298100
>Their identity is on file.

Do you need to check everything you have in your home before they go?
How do you know they didn't steal anything without you noticing right away?
If you contact them, AirBnB, or the police afterwards, they can always say it wasn't them and that you lost that something in another way.
Also at that time they might have gone away from the city/country and recovering the stolen item/s might be impossible.

How do you prevent/solve these situations?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.