[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Classes plz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 660610_1299883885812_full.png (158KB, 445x339px) Image search: [Google]
660610_1299883885812_full.png
158KB, 445x339px
Sup /biz/.

I took an elective last semester on Corporate Finance and found out I liked it a lot. We barely grazed the topic of stock market investments so I've got the most novice understanding of the market. Are there reputable online courses I can take to understand valuation of stocks and corporations to help with personal investing?

>mfw idk how 2 stock
>>
OP here: Just to give you guys something in return - my final project was on evaluating Under Armour Inc. (UA), and it turns out that UA has a ROE, ROC, and ROA of 14% each compared to the 8% market average. The CEO takes a salary of only $20k with everything else in stock shares, so he's been making sure the company does well. It's got a 100% re-investment strategy so the growth stock has doubled its revenues in the past 4 years.

Just some food for thought. May be good to look at as a defensive stock (beta ~0.7).
>>
>>1296303
bump for your attempt to give and ask instead of being like the majority of these threads taht just ask
>>
>>1296290
Keep taking finance classes or just major in it. I'm in my last year undergrad majoring in finance and its fucking great. I genuinely can't wait to start up fall semester.

If you don't wanna major then i suggest 2 textbooks: intermediate corporate finance and Equity Analysis. these two will give you a more well rounded understanding of the markets, valuations, and the corporate side of finance.
>>
>>1296290
What major are you currently in?

If you are in a quantitative degree I would stick with that and learn securities analysis and what not in your personal time, set up a paper trading account and maybe even your own real account.

Reason being, prop firms, hedge funds and IBs hire quantitative degree people in lots of different departments, including analysis of securities and trading of securities. e.g.

CS, CompE, EE are particularly good, but, all of them will be recognised as qualified for this stuff.
>>
>>1296415
thanks, I appreciate it!

>>1296756
Do you know who the authors of the books are?

>>1297110
I'm a mechanical engineering major with a minor in EE and a minor in entrepreneurship. I appreciate you giving me a place to start. I've been searching for online classes on security analysis but so far I haven't found much, or maybe I'm searching in the wrong places?
>>
>>1298184
EDIT: I meant to write the first comment to the first reply, which was:
>>1296742
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.