[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1308079089001.png (218KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1308079089001.png
218KB, 600x579px
I'm at a career-crossroads and I'd really like some advice. I'm currently working in customer service for a large telecom company. If I keep doing this and collect experience from the industry maybe I could open up my own business down the line, Some kind of phone shop I think.
On the other hand I could get a job at the Tax Agency in my country, collect experience, get a job at as a consultant at some accounting firm and create some kind of career along those lines. I have an accounting degree and I have patience, so I could do it. The only problem is that if I have to live the rest of my life as a wageslave then I will be depressed, unfullfilled and might as well kill myself.
The idea of opening up a business down the line is the only thing that I actually value and care about. I have few friends and few interests besides business. It sort of feels like if I don't have some kind of business my life will just have no point.

Wat do, /biz/?
>>
you sound really naive for some raisen

how much $$ do you make per year? What would your phone store sell? Where do you live? Are there classes you can take to increase your technical knowledge in your field? Can you do IP phones?
>>
>>1295486
>how much $$ do you make per year?
Too little
>What would your phone store sell?
You know, subscribtions, smartphones, pads, wifi-equipment, colorful phone cases, etc. But the main sell point would have to be service, because anybody can order a phone online and the main reason people go to stores is to be able to ask the staff questions, I think.
>Where do you live?
European welfare country, simply put
> Are there classes you can take to increase your technical knowledge in your field?
Prolly
>Can you do IP phones?
Don't know what you mean, but then again I've only recently started this profession and english isn't my first language.

I've heard of people who have opened phone-stores, so it has to be doable. But I really think I need feedback on these thoughts.
>>
Could somebody just tell me what the right thing is to do here? Should I keep labouring or go for the business idea?
>>
>>1296672
I'll tell you what you can do: you can go to hell, that's what you can do. Did you get that? Make sure you take notes.
>>
No margin in phones unless you're selling carrier contracts. I work for a major retailer in my country and its a shit tier category outside of selling plans.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.