[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most /biz/ non-engineering degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: physicsbook1.jpg (134KB, 620x459px) Image search: [Google]
physicsbook1.jpg
134KB, 620x459px
The conditions of my admission stipulated I can't declare an Engineering major, so what else is there? I'm thinking either chemistry, physics, or finance.
>>
>>1291302
The only "/biz/ approved" careers are daytrading, forex, or buying and selling trumpcoin, pepecoin and ethereum
>>
>>1291308
kek
>>
>>1291302
>barred from studying engineering

Y doe
>>
>>1291392
I'm a transfer student, but their college of engineering is already apparently full and/or they don't think I can make it. All I know is, they will only admit me if I don't pick an engineering major.

Which is kind of irritating because It's not like I have a full ride. You'd think if I have to pay, I can pick whatever major I damn please.
>>
>>1291592
cant you just declare another major, while working on your core classes, and then switch to engineering once accepted
>>
>>1291699
I don't know if they'll let me switch is the issue.
>>
>>1291716
If you want to be an engineer and know you can transfer in, you can probably do something like Physics or Math major, so you can get a lot of the pre-reqs done for those classes, and even if you cannot, those jobs still have decent fields
>>
>>1291302
Do applied math.
>>
>>1291775
>>1291780
I'll look into applied mathematics. Are there any med fields that don't require 30 years of schooling/residence? 30 being an exaggeration, of course.
>>
>>1291836
Off the top of my head, maybe radiologist, but even then, might not be worth it

Most are 7+ years, Pharmacy is usually 6 and pays well (my school is only 5 however)
>>
>>1291845
Searching around the job market for applied mathematics, it can lead into some pretty comfy positions, if you have comp. sci, physics, or engineering experience/study as well. If I can't change back to engineering totally, I might be able to get it as a minor and build a CS portfolio.
>>
Computer Science isn't really engineering
Statistics for the big data meme
>>
>>1291940
In most unis Computer Science is basically engineering.
>>
>>1291940
It's in their engineering college; I checked.
>>
So I'm torn between changing to a profitable but unenjoyable major or moving to get a profitable but slightly more enjoyable trade; I have a week to decide lol.
>>
OP, the most /biz/ thing to do is to drop out of school immediately and start a business. Degrees are for wage-plebs.

Most hotshot CEO's like Bill Gates are dropouts.
Andrew Carnegie was so /biz/nass he dropped out of elementary school.
>>
>>1291967
See
>>1292133

I can't declare comp. Sci as my major. Or any sort of engineering at all. Or Architecture.

Condition of acceptance.
>>
Econometrics
>>
Anything STEM or Business/Finance is good.
>>
>>1291302
If you get a kick-ass GPA in Finance, you'll do just fine bro.
>>
>>1292278
What is the unemployable major? anything is employable if your try hard enough.
>>
>>1296042
Not employable, enjoyable. Pure physics or chemistry. I can definitely get a job with either, if I make it through the degree program.

>>1296030
Really? I've heard finance is very much about networking ability, and I'm not at a big name uni.
>>
>>1296071
Obviously networking helps too (your network defines your net worth). But if you really really love math and analysis, you can do pretty well with finance.

Disclosure: I'm an engineer with an MBA degree.
>>
>>1296235
Gotcha. I like math when I can tie it to a tangible product; it's part of why CE was appealing to me.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.