[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real estate. Cash offer vs. financing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20160606-084259.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160606-084259.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So I'm looking at buying a house soon and an trying to pro/con going all cash vs financing.

I can easily put in a cash offer up to $600k and then refinance it after closing to pull out equity.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1287891
real estate investor here.
i can help.
it really depends on:
your concerns, location, market direction, purpose/goal/plan

tell me:
what area are you looking to live?
why?
how long do you plan to be there?
why?
expecting to have kids in the future?
do you expect to make money off the property by selling it later?
do you look at your house as an asset or a liability?
>>
>>1287891
It might make a very, very small difference but not as much as you might imagine. The seller gets the cash purchase price either way, regardless of whether it comes from you or from your bank. The only thing you're doing is eliminating a financing contingency, which depending on the market, isn't always a major concern.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 605x262px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 605x262px
>>1288005
are you a bank loan shiller?
poor OP would wind up paying over 300k just in interest FFS.
if OP has 600k to buy a house with, maybe he has much more to live and invest on. and should just pay cash.
if OP only has 600k, putting 20% down financing the rest gives him the chance to WISELY invest and earn better than the APR on his loan. - this is a form of leverage - and is a wise move.
>>
>>1288032
Are you mentally retarded?

OP asked if there was an advantage to making an traditional offer VERSUS refinancing after. He's contemplating a mortgage either way. As such, I took his question in the only logical way possible.

Furthermore, you're a fucking idiot. In most cases, the interest rate on mortgages is substantially lower than the expected ROI on an even a highly conservative investment portfolio over 30 years. Only a moron would balk at paying $300K in interest (your example) when he could simultaneously make $800K in investment gains, dividends, distributions over the term of the loan, netting a $500K advantage.

Get your head out of your ass and use some reading comprehension next time. People like you are shitting up the board.
>>
>>1288054
Most of what you said was said by them in much fewer sentences.
>>
>>1287992

>your concerns, location, market direction, purpose/goal/plan
>tell me:
>what area are you looking to live?
North, central, north east, north west.
>why?
I will be working at Samsung off Parma on the NE side of Austin.
>how long do you plan to be there?
Several years at least
>why?
Wife is pregnant with first baby, looking for area with good elementary schools.
>expecting to have kids in the future?
See above
>do you expect to make money off the property by selling it later?
Of course, isn't this always the goal? And it seems the Austin market is going up and up
>do you look at your house as an asset or a liability?
Both.

I mean, I could go either way here. Between my wife and I, we have enough cash for a cash offer. We could leave it in there 100% equity or take it out, not sure which way to go...
... Or we could get a traditional finances loan with 20% down payment.
>>
>>1288054
Agreed. The rates are low. Even my most hands off investment is pulling in 6%. That's pretty good arbitrage... Plus the mortgage interest is tax deductible...
>>
>>1288005
Right, it's all the same to the seller on the end, it's just more steps to secure and document financing and contingencies.

Austin TX seems to be a seller's market, so I'm worried an order with financing won't have as much traction as a cash offer.

If I did cash 100% equity, what's the best next step? Refinance down to 20% or do HELOC and pull out equity that way?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.