[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone interested in my stock trading platform?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: stocks.jpg (220KB, 1735x896px) Image search: [Google]
stocks.jpg
220KB, 1735x896px
helps you make hard decisions
>>
how?
>>
File: 1464377517454.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464377517454.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
Go on
>>
Tell me more op
>>
Go on.
>>
>>1285704
built my own, but good on'yah.
>>
Right now I pretty much just use the chart to make investment decisions on the mean reversion principle -> where the heavy gains & losses will revert back to the mean percentage change... I usually only buy/short stocks with the lowest 52 week H/L ratio ( 1.2 - 1.3 )

Also I will be expanding this project to my own virtual stock trading program as well; it will largely be focused on the tools that allow you to test and see if strategies work.

Would you buy CBS today? I might.
>>
I already own excel, but ty anyway faggot.
>>
>>1286306
does your excel spreadsheet update itself everyday with new data?
>>
>>1285704
Which language did you use to write this?
I am planning on writing several trading programmes myself, solely using Python.
Do you think that will work? Or do you advice using other languages as well?

>My brother is a quant working for Morgan Stanley, he says: "just use Python". But I still would like your opinion OP.
>>
>>1286407

well I built it in PHP and using a MYSQL database; I can't say much for Python except that I as well as many programmers don't like it because "white space" ( aka the space you use to denote comments/ make code more readable) matters in that language whereas it does not matter in many other lang like C, PHP, Javascript just to name a few.

With modern day coding the main commonality between all languages is using OOP (object oriented programming). Right now I am a baby in PHP; when I look at Javascript, C and other language's code it is not completely obscure to me because my understanding of OOP.

This may sound unorthodox, but I've been reading many peoples perceptions on this board of not having experience and not knowing what to do with their lives and honestly I can say learning a programming language takes you away from the doom & gloom mentality and gives you solid confidence; you can improvise and build systems that have better features by yourself.

I'm happy because I know in the future I'll use my little configured system to be financially responsible with all my investments / especially when I develop the hindsight feature for the virtual stock trading.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1286432
Do you just use the mean reversion principle or do you also want to incorporate TA features such as momentum which I would actually also apply in your case.
>>
>>1286441
50 day, 100 day rolling averages? ->will be coming soon

what other technical analysis features would be relevant?
>>
>>1286446

Are you planning to let other people work with your product? If I wanted to use your app to track my investments, how would I do it?
>>
I built my own a long time ago also. My biggest problem was trying to manage the intake of data. I had bots crawling the SEC (on the minute filing release), NYSE, NASDAX index, and S&P index, morningstar and some other site which I can't remember the name of now. You won't be able to do this using a laptop, you'll have to use AWS and buy some datafeed - at which point you might as well just buy an existing platform.

Nice project OP, but not practical.
>>
>>1286864
Why can you not use a laptop for this? Too data heavy?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.