[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good books in general to read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: bigshort.jpg (29KB, 334x499px) Image search: [Google]
bigshort.jpg
29KB, 334x499px
I have been reading Ha Joon Chang's Users Guide to economics and now want more books to read that are /biz/ related and good.

There are no specific topics I am interested in, only good books that range from marketing, finance, economics, stock trading, anything!

Is pic related any good?
>>
More Money Than God
-- brief history of hedge funds with a great bibliographic notes section

#AskGaryVee (audiobook, ge narrates and goes off the script)
-- highly motivational and action packed entrepreneurial advice

Elon Musk
-- accounts of the history of his businesses and life
>>
>>1285034
Thanks! More money than god next up.
>>
>>1284910
"Too Big To Fail" by Andrew Ross Sorkin, really good book, I'm reading it now.
>>
>>1284910
Also, "When Genius Failed" is a must read.
>>
>>1285134
>>1285137

Thanks! Anyone got any good investment books?
>>
Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
>>
I'm interested in more books similar to Michael Lewis; not so much in learning how to do stuff but getting a look at institutions and events from the inside (and how crazy they can be).

>>1285137
>>1285134

Both of these look good, thanks!
>>
File: must-read list.png (2MB, 968x1466px) Image search: [Google]
must-read list.png
2MB, 968x1466px
most of these
>>
>>1285152
Is this more entertainment than educational? I'm going for more informative than "wow!"
>>
>>1285242

This thread is relevant to my interests
>>
File: 595ff683c8cc675d89bbfe3fbb99210a.jpg (240KB, 972x1459px) Image search: [Google]
595ff683c8cc675d89bbfe3fbb99210a.jpg
240KB, 972x1459px
>>1284910
shkreli recommended it so i assume it's good
>>
>>1285063
I posted about wanting to read More Money Than God when the board was still new and got it recommended. it's an awesome book

you can also take it beyond reading and watch fund managers themselves talk on yt. Dan Loeb's keynote, activist investing milken institute pannel, Jim Channos, Icahn and you'll find more recommendations in the book

don't discount the other 2 books

>>1285209
Predator's Ball is a good book on Drexel Burnham Lambert

Enemy At The Gates and Smartest Guys in The Room are another two but I haven't read them
>>
What about "The Law of Success - Napoleon Hill"?

Bought it and I'm currently a few pages in.
The introduction already is interesting.
>>
I would watch the doco 'Inside Job' (2010) if you're interested in the GFC. It's pretty good.
>>
>>1285242
it's really just narrating a story, but it's quite an interesting one nonetheless, and if you don't have any knowledge on HFT it gives an interesting insight into the industry.
>>
>>1286096
Thanks! Looking interesting, will check this out.
>>
File: Founders_at_work-682x1024.png (477KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Founders_at_work-682x1024.png
477KB, 682x1024px
>>1285209
I recently read Founders At Work, can heavily recommend, read it twice, took a lot of notes.
It's about hugely successful companies, but with a laser focus on the very early startup days, it really filled in the blanks for me.

Some crazy shit in there.

Too many people put founders on a pedestal, as if they are always some qualified genius creative ubermensch alpha, who creates a rockstar team of experts, and everything just kinda clicked, and everyone was confident and positive and knew what they were doing.

It's not, it's a lot of creativity along with frantic hacking, shilling, stealing, arguments, bullshit, and guesswork.

A bit like /biz/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.