[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is biz-es forecast for oilcompanies? How about SDRL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 456132461246jsgkgjh5.jpg (132KB, 650x375px) Image search: [Google]
456132461246jsgkgjh5.jpg
132KB, 650x375px
What is biz-es forecast for oilcompanies?
How about SDRL?
>>
>>1283527
i would also appreciate a smart persons POV
>>
shit for a while, at least 2-4 years until supply matches falling demand. i work at a very large oil company and we're preparing for prices in the $35-45/bbl range for the next 3 years
>>
File: 131159026_Rich_426174c.jpg (37KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
131159026_Rich_426174c.jpg
37KB, 620x413px
>>1283527
"As a result, Papa said he thinks oil prices will rise in six to 18 months and reach “a stable equilibrium price in the range of $60 to $75 per barrel, what I call a ‘Goldilocks’ price.” He said $90/bbl to $100/bbl is unlikely—while a long-term price below $45/bbl is equally unlikely.

“You start getting 20 million cubic feet per day out of there and similar finding and development costs to the Marcellus and Utica, and you’ll have three large supply pools with roughly the same F&D costs. At a gas price of $2.50 or if you’re lucky, $3, your IRR on individual wells is going to be quite attractive. This is going to back up all the gas in the Rockies and in Canada.”

Papa said he thinks sub-$2 will fade in the rearview mirror and a more reasonable band of $2.50 to $3 will be seen in 2017.

“Longer-term is where you can get kind of depressed,” he said. “The U.S. has a sufficient gas supply for 50 years. And I think that LNG exports in the time frame of 2018 to 2020, of about 6 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) out of a total production of 80 Bcf/d by that time, are not going to be enough to fix the problem.”
Papa said we’ll be in a similar oversupply situation for NGL as well."

http://www.oilandgasinvestor.com/houston-producers-forum-mark-papa-bullish-oil-bearish-natural-gas-849491#p=1
>>
>>1283575
How very fucked would I be if I ended up with a petroleum engineering degree ~3 years from now?
>>
>>1283783
a lot could happen in ~3 years, but at this point you'd be pretty fucked. my class of 2012 had like 115 people and all but 1 or 2 got jobs. this year there are 250ish and less than half have jobs. if you maintain a 3.8 or higher (all classes, not just major classes) and get relevant internships, you'll be ahead of the pack.
>>
>>1283575
Exxon, DRS, and CP say you or your company is retarded.
>>
>>1283852
Exxon can say whatever it wants to the public, but internally I can guarantee you they're trying to prepare for long-term low prices. Exxon is a peer to my company.
>>
So, when would be the time to buy? Only strictly oil-related i have is the seadrill, would it be bad to get some more? I honestly think it has seen the bottom, and is headed to 15-20$, year from now.. whadya think?
>>
>>1283855
>companies investment in oil exploration/prodution can't be seen by outside investors
>>
>>1283850
That's... That's the same number of jobs... Wait, that could even be that more got jibs this year than in your year...
>>
>>1283850
>>1284013
Lol rekt

>>1283527
I own: NE, RIG, SPN, SRAQU

SDRL is fucked IMHO. RIG, NE, DO, and ESV are where it's at offshore
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.