[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

leasing car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_12154-lease2-520434560.jpg (21KB, 336x379px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12154-lease2-520434560.jpg
21KB, 336x379px
Everyone says not to lease because you dont own the car at the end...

But if i dont want to pay high financing monthly payments, is it a bad idea to lease and then buy out the car at fhe end of the lease rather than buy it from the get go?
>>
File: 1463425401575.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463425401575.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>1283483
Buy used
>>
>>1283485
Please just answer my question
>>
The one where you're forced to buy it at the end is retarded, never do it.
>>
>>1283493
yeah if you have a choice it's okay.
>>
>>1283483
With leasing rates as low as they are now it isn't always a bad idea. Sure you don't own the vehicle after your 3 years or whatever but you also always get to drive a new car and don't have to worry about the crazy expenses that incur from driving your purchased vehicle for 5+ years.

For the right price leasing is a solid option. Especially if your credit isn't shitty.
>>
>>1283501
Im asking about buying out after a lease vs financing from the beginning
>>
>>1283488

Buy a used car.

That's your answer. Just because it's not the answer you want to hear, doesn't mean it's not an answer.
>>
>>1283483
It is impossible if you don't tell us your income, cost of car, cost of financing, cost of lease, number of km/miles you do each year, etc.

Also buying the car at the end makes little sense to me, the thing with a lease is that you're always getting a new car after 3 years (if that's your thing to drive new).

If you don't like to drive new, just buy used in the first place.
>>
Leasing is usually a stupid tax, but there exceptions.

A good example is leasing a luxury car through an employer. You can sometimes drive luxury brands for cheaper than the cost of actually buying them and you have little to no maintenance costs. Then you just trade it in after x years for another.

If you're just a broke nigga looking for a car, then just buy a 2-4k car instead of leasing
>>
>>1283483

Either:
>You're a nigger

>You are fucking stupid for not wanting to own youre own car.

Well essentially those two overlap.

Anyway

Do you not understand that cars are money pits?
>>
>>1283559
>Also buying the car at the end makes little sense to me
It makes sense to me

The idea is i pay a lower monthly since im leasing and then buy it out at the end at which point im sure the monthly will be lower than financinga new car
>>
>>1283483
Buy used
>>
People saying 'buy used' - I thought the whole idea of leasing was a mid to long term option,
With the advantages of rental - doesn’t the leasing firm maintain, replace or upgrade the car, as appropriate, things like that?

Couldn't you compare this to some people preferring pay-as-you-go cellphones to contract?
Or renting to owning?
Both have advantages depending on what you want.
Like I one day want my own apartment, but I realized that owning one now would be too much hassle.
The amount of problems you can just call one number (my landlord) for are endless.
You essentially have a manager working for you as a client, and workmen/contractors, basic insurance, etc included.
When you own something, you own all the problems that come with it.

Wouldn't this be the same principle?

>car problem
>call leasing firm
>ask for another one
>>
>>1283566
>fucking stupid
>youre own car
>youre own
>youre
>>
File: file.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>1283483
Ok I want to add to this question

If I'm only going to be in Uni for the next 2-3 years, why not lease for the next 3 years and buy the car once it's already depreciated?
>>
>>1283980
Do the math.
>>
>>1284526
That's my beef with the whole argument.

When comparing costs of renting or leasing vs buying, the dreaded 'average costs' statistics get quoted.

But the average costs are not what will wipe out the value of owning, they are the outlier events you cannot predict.
A blown gasket may be chump change, and an easy fix, but a brake failure or transmission issue could take thousands to diagnose and fix, plus the time involved.

Why do all kinds of possessions get sold under value? One reason is because the owner wants to cut their losses.

Even a pushbike is cheap to own and maintain - usually. But I did own a bike once which had costs that were exceeding it's value, so I just dumped it and took public transport.

The bike cost only £40, but had cost me over £100 in 3 months and still had issues (this would be a long post in itself, but I can elaborate) meanwhile, I had friends paying between £20-50 a month for using hired bikes, but never had to so much as clean a bike, let alone maintain it.

You have to weigh up the 'opportunity cost' in relation to your income.

When you are driving, cleaning or maintaining your car, or the admin that comes with it, you can't be doing other things like working or creating wealth.

I literally know people whose time spent on maintaining and cleaning their car is often equal to a second part-time job, except they are paying for it.

Even using a mechanic involves management and billing for labor.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.