[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need your opinion on my project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cuboak.jpg (321KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
cuboak.jpg
321KB, 800x449px
Hello everyone !

I will create my own company soon with a new concept of modular furniture, but first I'll do a Kickstarter campaign, I would like to have some opinions on it : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cuboak/89598128?token=2a7c0084

What do you think about the concept? The campaign? The rewards?

Thanks !
>>
>>1281392
Looks interesting, but ugly as shit, go for it, what's the worst that can happen?
>>
Aren't you french?
I've seen you talk about this on jvc years ago. Why are you creating your company just now?
>>
>>1281402
It's a prototype

>>1281404
Yes, I'm on JVC too, because it took a long time to do the perfect assembly system :/
>>
i would say start with a better shape because although functional, plain parallelograms/squares have no glamour.

Right now, your tarrget audience should be those that are not sattisfied with their furniture options. You need more impact, either compartmentalise further, or choose a more attractive shape.

Lego sells sets, why not do the same. I get that its much cheaper to focus on one shape, but there is no impact that way.

This project is not ready to be crowdfunded. Either make it cheaper so you can showcase its potential in the campaign products, or find real investors.

Even if this project does succeed, what stops your competitors who are already established to create and market a much better project?

tl;dr you are not going to make any money selling cheap furniture.
>>
good concept but pretty ugly honestly.

have you considered taking a patented assembly system and trying to work with ikea or a company like them? they can work on the aesthetics and helping you bring it to market in their stores.
>>
>>1281420

Thanks for the complet return, I can propose sets too to begin, maybe I will ad them in the campaign

Of course competitors can try to do the same but it's valable for every project :/
>>
File: kickk.png (3KB, 330x326px)
kickk.png
3KB, 330x326px
>>1281421
We will propose to do furniture with only one color, so it will be possible to have the same color between the bar and the square like this picture
>>
>>1281424
Just realise that this project should be entirely about marketing.

One of the biggest turnoffs on IKEA products is the assembly proccess. And low quality.

Furniture gets used, and furniture that cant bear loads or degrades doesnt have much going for it.

So your main problem, i think, is that the majority that looks for furniture is not interessted in assembly. How many of your friends are good with their hands? Very few, because assembly is not valued.

Lego has this whole thing about brain stimulation going on. Developing minds, puzzles.

Find your thing. How about the ability to expand on regular furniture. Some kind of clamp that attaches your product to the products of other manufacturers. Much simpler and cheaper.
>>
>>1281392
You mumble A LOT in your presentation video

Upload new audio
>>
Pay a few hundred bucks for an American/British voice over for your video
>>
I think it's a great idea, but metal fasteners holding wood together is tacky.

Furniture that is held together by bolts, nails, pegs, fasteners, or glue is cheap craftsmanship and looks bad.

What people want is true carpentry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMtSc2MJLcw

Dovetail Joinery is what all wood furniture should use to hold wood together. Nothing is better or ever will be.

You need to find a better way to put the wood pieces together so they fit together snug but are also easy to take apart if needed. With the advancement of 3d printing and 3d robots I imagine it will eventually be really easy to do dovetail joinery without any craftsmanship needed. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
>>
>>1281464
>a few hundred bucks
lol it could coast him like $20 on fiverr or upwork.
>>
Great idea and the video is also good, but the audio not so much. From 0:55 until 1:00 I understood only 3 words.
>>
>>1281392
I predict a partnership with Ikea selling hipster furniture. Looks fun for kids though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.