[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bartering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 253644.jpg (119KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
253644.jpg
119KB, 460x460px
What are the odds that bartering with commodities will over take the monetary currency exchange system?
>>
>>1281270
Bartering is based around a monetary currency system thou. Its an adaptwtion to scarsity of money, not a way to brush it away
>>
>>1281272
Federal notes are attached with debt, everyone knows that. So why not cut the middle man and go straight to the resource?
>>
>>1281270

Negative-seventy percent.

>>1281278

Double coincidence problem. The irony being that a double coincidence problem is pretty much just an informational problem, one which could be solved with sufficiently advanced computing.
>>
Yeah just run down to the shops with and buy some food with a tonne of iron and a couple barrels of oil. Great idea
>>
File: Carpet-bombing.jpg (31KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
Carpet-bombing.jpg
31KB, 500x494px
>>1281270
Barter sounds neat...Here's your first payment
>>
>>1281278
>So why not cut the middle man and go straight to the resource?
Because a farmer doesn't need my programming skills.

Someone who provides a commodity that I don't need does value my skills, and so they are willing to offer me a voucher of sorts to obtain whatever other commodities I may need.
>>
>>1281270
that would be a huge deevolution.
utter inconvenient shit times.
>>
>>1281325
That actually would work in some cases
>>
>>1281270
will only happen in a mad max scenario

the next step is crypto and probably automatic payment through some biological marker like an rfid chip in your forehead
>>
>>1281449
Point taken. But What about trading in general? Say for example a mechanic needs his taxes done, and an accountant needs his car tuned up, why couldn't they trade services directly, avoiding middle man tax and agree at what value they're giving each other?
>>
>Be bricklayer
>Wife is sick, needs medical attention
>Go to doctor and offer to lay bricks in exchange for his expertice.
>He has no need for bricks so now I have to aquire services or goods he wants.
>Wife dies.
>>
Gold & silver would go into circulation again.
Instead of direct barter you would just use 1/10, 1/2, or 1 oz coins or bars.
>>
The problem with bartering (or haggling) is that it takes time to reach an agreed amount. Time is money. When the price is clear and consistent, transactions move more efficiently and everyone is happier.

Part of the reason Groupon and internet coupons are fucking businesses over senpai.
>>
>>1282144
they can but only if it's the same effort from their part. if the car is more expensive to fix then the accountant also has to suck the mechanics dick and fondle his balls.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.