[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody else view facebook as being massively overvalued?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: facebook.png (109KB, 1280x452px) Image search: [Google]
facebook.png
109KB, 1280x452px
>>
the entire market's overvalued
>>
a company being valued at 20x earnings is completely normal :^)
>>
>>1281159
revenues*
>>
The only reason Facebook is still alive is because it has replaced MSN Messenger.
>>
That's pretty fucking obvious.
>>
fucking kikes doing their cartel thing
>>
>>1280974
View? Overvaluation is not a damn opinion to pick. If you have the facts showing you this, sure. But righr now you sound like that thread whwre someone "thought" that housing collapse would come in yeae based on a single chart.
>>
>P-E Ratio: 72.79

Dodally not overvalued :DDDD
>>
>>1280974
At least on my facebook feed. with 180 people, hardly anyone ever posts an update on there

From my bucket view facebook is already dead
>>
>>1281275
Not as bad as Amazon's recent 950
>>
Are there any options to short amazon and fb on robin? I think there are fortunes to be made in the coming crash
>>
File: ss.png (918KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
918KB, 1440x900px
>>1281163
The only reason Facebook is still alive is because it has been replaced by NSA Messenger.
>>
facebook was fun when it was you and your buddies.

Now it's all uptight and as lame as normal life. Kids, pets, food, and terrible terrible attempts at memes are the only thing that's socially acceptable to post.
>>
>>1281524
Kinda like neo-4chan,
>>
Yes, I think the entire market is overvalued at this point, but I I have been long on FB since I started buying in the high 60's when the PE was even higher at 90.

I like that the founder of kikebook is still heavily involved in operations and making good acquisitions, such as instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus. I like some of the stuff they are doing with building their own hardware and machine learning, even if it might not have an immediate application. I like the strong network effect of 1.6 bil users. I like when I hear yearly re-packaged stories about FB's imminent doom because 12 year olds are using X, and I shake my head, will never get those dang 12 year olds. I like when people complain about FB being just baby pictures and your grandma's crazy posts, because when it comes down to it, much of that dumb family stuff is more important than meme magic (for most people lol). FB has become the default cloud family and friends photo album, events and posts living on as legacy accounts after people die. As Peter Thiel says about an idea, you don't necessarily want to be the "first" you want to be the "last".

They have a shit ton of cash like the other FANGs. I don't like the PE, but I was saying the same thing about the N/A PE AMZN had when the stock was $32.

That was some of my motivation for buying in at 90 PE in the 60s. I do like kikebook as an investor, but I am not a huge fan as a user...mainly because like another anon saying it has gotten so big you have to be really careful about what you can post, unlike anonymous anime image boards.

I think we're all waiting for a market adjustment that includes tech, but some of these guys aren't going anywhere. AMZN has forgone profit for like what 15 years to get as large as it has and can't see them going anywhere.

APPL and GOOG have modest PE's. I'd probably invest in GOOG, but not APPL, just because while I like APPL, I see them as a 3 trick pony with limited growth...but who knows.
>>
>>1281524
Facebook was never cool, our "buddies" were already normies who only lived stuff in order to post good-looking pictures on Facebook, they already had asinine and unoriginal views on everything, they already were mean and paranoid about who adds them, and it sucked.

But you didn't perceive it as such back then, because it was so new.
>>
>>1281322
$TECS
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.