[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flipping General - /flip/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: thrift.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
thrift.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
Anyone made any money flipping shit from thrift stores/yard sales/craigslist etc?

It's been my main (measly) source of income for years now, and I'm always looking to branch into new areas.

Right now I see steady returns in men's clothing and sport's equipment, occasionally electronics.

Looking to branch into retail arbitrage or even art (if I get lucky).

ITT: discuss Tips, Tricks, brag about finds, argue over best and most consistent return items, Ebay vs. Etsy vs. C-list, etc.
>>
I'd be interested to hear more from you, OP. How much do you make? What are your best selling items? Where do you find them? etc.

In return, I'll tell you my secrets.
>>
>>1276774

I am in college, so it is not really a full time thing. I only do the purchasing once or twice a week (usually on weekends) and list in my free-time. I rotate between 4 local stores here at school.

Back home, I drive about 30 minutes to the nearby rich neighborhoods because they tend to have better brands.

My real main source is dress shirts. Usually ~$5 a piece. Just look for ralph lauren, brooks brothers, or anything italian. You can usually feel if it is nice quality, and just look up "sold listings" on your phone on ebay.

usually sell each shirt for ~$30. My best was some italian "Canali" silk shirt for $120. Polos also do well and are easy to find. Lacoste, RL, and Vineyard Vines all sell well and fast.

Vintage golf clubs are my most recent foray, and I am doing decently well. Just know the big name club makers and look for clean, recent clubs. Golf players tend to be pretty wealthy, so they donate some very expensive clubs.
>>
>>1276834
Oh, and larger sizes tend to sell better for everything. A lot of nice shirts to be found that are super huge (and sell well to fat old guys on ebay)
>>
late night
bump
>>
>>1276759
I have been thinking about entering the flipping market. I have quite a few thrift stores in my area I can raid and I can see they have good shit at least once in a while. How did you get started in flipping?
>>
Here's a tip, safety razors. Look for Gillette, super speeds, blue tips, red tips, techs, and aristocrats. They clean up easily with scrubbing bubbles, then a soak in barbacide. Look for good seals on the twist to open doors and straight lines on the swivel heads. Most antique shops sell them for ~$5, you can sell online for $25+, depending on the model and year (look up how to read the stamped date codes). If you get lucky and find a Gillette Fatboy (first adjustable razor), don't be afraid to go as high as $50 or more. In good condition the regularly sell for $125+. Lots of guys, myself included, get better results from wet shaving over multiblade cartridges, and are willing to pay for good tools, even whole communities set up for the stuff.

Something to keep an eye out for.
>>
>>1277902
thanks. Awesome advice. I'll keep my eyes open later today.

>>1277559
I always bought clothes from thrift as soon as I could drive because I liked the old prep style and had an obsession with making sure I wasn't supporting "made in China" cheap shit. I got interested in flipping when I found a basket full of NewInBox international plug converters that I bought for $2ea and sold for $20ea. I think I was 17 or so
>>
I have done a few CL flips over the years. The best one was when I bought 2 like new high end laptops that were never used by a big military contractor for $400 each. That both went for about $1300 each on eBay.

I am flipping a car right now. Don't do it unless you or someone close is a mechanic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.