[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Copy Cat Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: copycat.png (330KB, 544x409px) Image search: [Google]
copycat.png
330KB, 544x409px
I work for a company that does retail and services (birthday parties, summer camps, classes, ect for kids). Recently, a business opened up just a few miles away offering many of the same things we do. To make matters worse, it appears that they looked at our pricing for services and took off a small, but noticeable amount. Now nothing they're doing is breaking copyright laws, but I can tell they decided to piggyback on us and undercut us.

Any advice on dealing with clear copycat businesses?
>>
>>1276442
Keep prices high. Offer to price match in store. Increase marketing campaigns. Overpower them.
>>
>>1276463
I doubt we could afford to price match on our services, but from what I've seen of these people, their services are lower quality (eg the summer camps are only 3 hours as opposed to 6 from us).

How big of a difference would it make to customers to point out that our employees are paid above minimum wage? I personally feel like parents would appreciate knowing that the people looking after their children aren't kids plucked from high school being paid peanuts.
>>
>>1276480
yes you either offer more quality and a better image general or lower prices, like change the ad for summer camp from 6 hours to "+3 hours if you choose us." kind of thing.
instead of focusing on wage focus on the qualification and experience. you can always say hey we have been doing it a long time and so we are better at it.
>>
>>1276480
>(eg the summer camps are only 3 hours as opposed to 6 from us).

Change your advertising.
ONLY $X PER HOUR!
It'll come out as a lower figure than your competitor's.
>>
>>1276838
yes start advertising what you do/provide better let customers choose.
>>
>>1276846
I know for starters that I'll mention that most of the summercamp staff has worked camps before, as opposed to the other one. The other one just opened so chances are, it's scrambling to find staff right now and just hiring high school kids. I know for a fact that many of our recent hires have (or are working on getting) degrees in education, but I don't want to mislead customers into believing that everyone working for us is a highly-trained child education expert with countless qualifications.
>>
>>1276442
Imma just drop this off here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4yX2rkpBc
>>
>>1277413

what's the lesson here?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.