[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: wtf.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
13KB, 555x407px
Hi, I'm nrdfk. I want to make money, but I don't know how money works. Where should I start? The sticky isn't very helpful.

I have 400$ in my checking to use. Any ideas?
>>
>>1270325
>The sticky
There's a sticky?
When did this happen?
>>
File: is this a sticky.png (141KB, 733x195px) Image search: [Google]
is this a sticky.png
141KB, 733x195px
>>1270330
I thought this was a sticky.
Regardless, I'd really appreciate your help.
>>
>>1270332
What do you need to know?
Money makes money. The more you have, the easier it is to generate more.
The less risk involved in something, the less it pays.
>>
>>1270340
How to start with stocks, best platforms to use?
>>
>>1270342
Yes. I have minimal knowledge about stocks and business. This would help.
>>
>>1270340
Do you put money into property? Stocks? Forex?
And how?
>>
No one shills for shitcoins, what a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>1270348
What does that mean?
>>
>>1270342
>>1270343
Well, you don't "start with stocks" when all you have is $400.
I'm sure someone here will tell you that you can easily double or triple your money in the market, but in reality, you'll just be chum for the more serious players.
There are whole sections of the market devoted to high risk equities aimed at small players.
>>
>>1270345
Property through a real estate agent.
Stocks through a brokerage.
Other than having some foreign cash holdings, I don't screw around with Forex.
>>
>>1270354
What should I do first? Save up money? I work 10$ an hour at a department store. Busy with school too. I want to know if I can go into business before I decide to do computer science.
>>
>>1270349

It means, no one tries to promote and sell another overhyped cryptocurrency, which is really unusual for this board. Normally the cryptoshills are all over the place.
>>
>>1270354
Expand on where you would start, understandable its not as simple to just dump your money in stocks but maybe help OP understand where to look to learn, your starting experience.

I would provide my own but other than starting to look into a few books and google around I can't provide any.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>1270362
>Save up money
Ideally, but it may take a long fucking time to accumulate, and once you do, you will likely want to chuck the idea rather than risk what you busted your ass for.
This board is full of tales of successful traders, but few have any sort of longevity. It's relatively easy to score some wins (especially after some losses), but doing it constantly as a full time job is substantially trickier.
>>
>>1270371
>where you would start
To be honest, I would save up at least between $60 and $75K, and spend the time learning about basic economic theory and market behavior. You would also have to accept going in that failure will cost you your capital, and if you're not beat by then, however long it took you to raise it again.
I would include my starting experience, but it's not very applicable or common, and as such, is pretty useless.
>>
>>1270373
Yes, I'm aware only the successful are listened to.
I know there's lots of failures too.
But it is true that it is high risk high reward, yes?
>>
>>1270380
I am really interested to how you started now.
I understand if you may not want to share because of the risk of being identified
>>
>>1270388
>high risk high reward
Yes, but this is easy to confuse with "high risk, low reward". Putting a large percentage of capital in to something with little upside potential, but plenty of room the other way is a good example of this.

>>1270389
Nothing exciting, I'm afraid.
Just the intersection of sufficient enough wealth to not work, plus a cash windfall large enough to start operations (two of the most important, if not required, factors).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.