[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RealEstate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Featured-Real-Estate.jpg (752KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Featured-Real-Estate.jpg
752KB, 1600x1064px
Hello /biz/
I'm about to invest in real estate. I want to buy houses and rent them out.
If I buy one unit for $X, what would be a reasonable rent $Y?

Is 0.25% - 0.5% okay? To much? To less?
>>
>>1269937
>rent per month btw...
>>
This is big in Australia. Google negative gearing for more information.

Usually per week rent is $100 per $100k of house value is a rough guide.

This has changed in the past few years with the skyrocketing prices in Australia.

My investment property was valued at $570k when it was valued a year ago.
It was rented for $430 per week. This is a house built in the 50s.

It was valued at $650k about a month ago, but rent has not been put up.

Rents are slipping in the area due to a large amount of granny flats being added to existing houses and rented out.
>>
>>1270028
What's a granny flat?
Dead grandma's apartment?
>>
>>1269937
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChcqTW1iLPk
>>
>>1270057
lol this is why you don't rent section 8, you run thorough background checks, and you ask for several referrals.

Due diligence on the front end saves you a lot of headaches on the back end.

>>1269937
you need to look at biggerpockets. It's a forum/online community entirely devoted to real estate investment. The forums will have members with expertise in just about every rental market.

For starters, most people base their rent expectations on market comparables, and run that number against the cost of ownership per month. There are all types of cost calculators you can use, but to do the napkin math you're going to need to know more than just the cost of the house.

If you are really serious about this, google biggerpockets, read up on cash flowing houses through the forums/articles there, and then read up on some of the methods of landlording (do you want to be hands-on? pay a property management company? are you looking for aggressive growth, or passive income? will this be your only income eventually? etc.)

Good luck. Overall, real estate investment is pretty heavily subsidized, and if you're smart about it, you can make some good money. I'm currently in the research phase of my investment income property, myself.
>>
>>1270047
Granny flat is also known as a "mother-in-law suite" or basement apartment, etc.

Google it.
>>
God, when are wooden tallship going to be back infashion.
>>
>>1269937
Go to biggerpockets (website) they have a calculator you can use
>>
>>1270047
Its a small dwelling that is habitable for 1-2 people.

Sydney relaxed regulation and have a 1p0 day approval.

This created a boom in areas where there were old houses on big blocks (500-800m2 blocks). Investers could buy a house and put a granny flat on the back of the block. Rent both out and make good money.

Eg $600k for an old house on 700m2 block
$150k for granny flat.
$400ish rent p/w for house
$250-$300 p/w for granny flat

$650-700 p/w rent on $750k-800k (inc legals) outlay.

Interest difference between interest paid vs rent earned is tax deductible (if at a loss)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.