[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

public speaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Has anyone ever tried toastmasters or the Dale Carnegie communications course (costs like $1900)? I am trying to improve my communication skills. Any help from /biz/ is much appreciated.
>>
Heard good things about toastmasters but i've never tried it myself. Also curious.
>>
I heard dale carnagey is epic
>>
>>1269653
I was in toast masters for a bit. It's a good concept, you just have to find the right group/club. The one I attended had a lot of foreigners and introverts. Not great for one of the biggest "unofficial" purposes of the club, networking. Also not great for learning from others on how to act in front of a crowd. The structure teaches you a lot about good meeting management, the program teaches you a lot about speaking, the feedback system is good if you have the right people watching. Just have to find the right group.

If you're terrible at public speaking, do it just to get some experience. If you're looking for networking, try out a few and sleep on each one before joining. If you're in a large metro area, there should be more than a handful to choose from, so don't feel like you're limited to the club closest to you or whatever.
>>
>>1269753
Who did you hear this from? I heard Buffett himself took the course and used to hate public speaking.
>>
I went to a ToadMaster once.
Holy shit it was cringy, it was mostly girls and the guys were beta as fuck.

I might be a bit harsh and maybe I found the wrong group, but holy shit this was bad.
>>
>>1269992
I used to work for an oil company and if we had obnoxious but talented employees who were about to be fired we sent them to a Dale Carnegie course.

We never had to fire someone who had successfully completed the course. It's pretty amazing in getting a person out of a self-imposed psychological ditch.
>>
>>1271119
I went to a Toastmasters meeting and there were doctors and lawyers there. It was a breakfast meeting.
>>
>>1271119
This was my experience too, but my impression is that it's all about which group you join. There are enough of them around that if one doesn't appeal to you, you can usually find another.
>>
>>1269653
don't pay for shit. join a chapter and give speeches. if you think you're already good at public speaking, you probably aren't. if you know you're bad at public speaking, you're probably a fucking trainwreck. chapters usually have some kind of dues but it's not $1900 wtf. if you work for a large company, there might be one at your office already
>>
File: based.jpg (161KB, 377x580px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
161KB, 377x580px
Listen to Hitler and Mussolini speeches for public speaking influence.

Hitler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpTWKKWQ1o
Mussolini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOv-Ncs7vQk
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.