[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savings Mentality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Pretty recently I've been living pay cheque to pay cheque going out every weekend and spending stupid amounts of money on alcohol and food. This is the case with the majority of my friends, how ever a couple of my friends, are extremely frugle and hate the thought of wasting money.

How does one go about developing this mentality?
>>
>>1269393
just fucking stop spending money. do you need someone to hold your hand?
>>
>>1269396

Hey, take it easy. The kid is obviously kind of retarded.
>>
Stop giving a shit about food and give up alcohol. calculate the calories you need each day and find they cheapest way to reach those numbers.
>>
>>1269393
Maybe people who develop the saving mentality do it by thinking that money is evil and unless and should never be spent or else you're a sucker. They are able to save money but they never get rich because they convince themselves money is evil.

I would say spend your money. But only spend it on stuff with an ROI. That way your money is always tied up so you don't have any extra to spend, and you are steadily making even more money than just saving it. Ex: Spend all your money to buy some clothes at thrift stores then sell them online.
>>
>>1269393

Become a friendless loser with no social support. You'll naturally feel inclined to save since there will be no one there it help you if shit hits the fan.
>>
>>1269393
Or just don't be a social outcast and deal with it anyway. Go to a cheaper bar or invite people over for drinks and food, saves a ton of money.
>>
>>1269418
>calculate the calories you need each day and find they cheapest way to reach those numbers.
that's called being cheap and stupid.
you can eat healthy without blowing a fortune on food. you don't have to be stupid about it
>>
>>1269393
I used to do the same exact shit. It will kill you financially in the long run. Go through your bank statements and calculate everything you've spent on going out over the last year to get a true sense of how much this is actually costing you.
>>
File: 1440282147201.jpg (382KB, 1701x1316px)
1440282147201.jpg
382KB, 1701x1316px
>>1269584
Yes, OP. You really need to know the exact numbers.

And from now on you should have a planned budget. Make a spreadsheet, have one column for savings, emergency, gas, food, rent, etc. Ever check you get split your money into those columns. Record when you spend money out of which category.

This is what I do, I can't imagine not doing it.
>>
>>1269393
Pretty simple. Stop drinking at bars and eating at restaurants.

Learn to cook and invite friends over.

Buy a cooler and take your friends to the beach or a nature spot. Have a regular movie night or barbecue. Prefer self-made cocktails to beer, e.g. gin and tonic, vodka soda.

Regularise your spending.
Ask yourself how much you need per day, e.g. this can of steel cut oats will give me breakfast for a week, breakfast costs as much as this can's price divided by seven.
Do the same with lunch and dinner. Make your own sandwiches, bring coffee in a flask.
>>
>>1269418
there was a thread like this on fit a while back. basically if you disregard macros buying huge 50 lb slabs of lard is the most economic was to meet cals. chuck in a 2$ bottle of multis and youll survive albeit miserably
>>
>>1269584
>>1269611

Thanks guys! I just got done doing up a spreadsheet and analysed my spending on my bank statements ($650AUD) at bars last month :\
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.